Newbe in Florida

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
applianceguy
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Newbe in Florida

Post by applianceguy »

Hi..... I bought my 1st astro brand spanking new in 1988 and chevy bought it back from me after 12,000 miles. The only thing that did not break was the engine block itself. At 12,000 miles the transmission blew a hole in the case. They put a new trans in and it would not shift into 4th......Changed computer and wiring harness and still no go. They bought it back for full price???????? strange things. Now have a 98 with 135,000 miles that I have spent a grand total of $500 in repairs. Just pick up a 99 Sharrod safari with a bad motor with milkshake oiling system. #-o Quick somebody talk me into a V8! :-k

Mike

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Newbe in Florida

Post by Smiliesafari »

Hi Mike. Welcome to the site. Do The V8.
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Welcome and yes,,,V-8 time,,no big deal,,just do it.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

draggnastro
I am smitten with my van

Post by draggnastro »

welcome! where at in FL?

Kabey's Van
I sleep in my van

Post by Kabey's Van »

Hi and Welcome.

Funny, I had GM buy back a 2001 Z24, that was a total piece sh :-# t. They then offered me a deal I could not refuse on an brand new 2004, 2500 Sierra that I has never given me any big issues.

Peter

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

Welcome to the site Mike!
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....