Cop style spotlights

FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT, TO REPLACING CRINKLED FENDERS TO SWAPPING A NEWER FRONT END ON, TO SHAVING DOOR HANDLES. TO REPLACING DOOR HANDLES OR INSTALLING CUSTOM TAIL LIGHTS, POST THEM HERE.

Topic author
biggreenoger
I am smitten with my van

Cop style spotlights

Post by biggreenoger »

Has anyone installed a Unity "A" piller spotlight on there van? I have found only a few pictures of police vans with them but no info on the brand of lights. Unity is the biggest supplier of the "cop spot" but shows no listing for these vans.
Attachments
119-vi.jpg
119-vi.jpg (8.78 KiB) Viewed 3042 times
Its a DIESEL thing!

Lockboy1691
I get chills without my van.

Re: Cop style spotlights

Post by Lockboy1691 »

odds are they were specially put there for the police vehicle and are probably alot harder to find but probably not to hard to install but i know in my area if anyone had anything like that on their vehicles there would be a hefty fine to pay
1992 Astro Van Ext - First van Multicolored Beat to crap
1994 Astro Van Ext - Second van finally V8 powered and lookin sexy!
Son of Lockdoc

1Gary
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by 1Gary »

Yeah Billy-that is real old school custom Hot Rod look.I thought Logan had them on his van,but I could be wrong.For me,I never care for that much.
1979 Malibu drag race only car
1999 Sonoma 4.3 5 speed-Rufus
1989 Astro-Ole Yellar cancelled-still selling off parts
1985 Astro-shop van R.I.P. my friend
1994 Astro LT RWD W4.3 rod knock RIP
1982 Winnebago single rear wheel-Chevy 350 Scraped 1/28/13-broken dreams......

Rochester,NY

Logan
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by Logan »

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5196

Here's the one I did.
1988 Astro Shorty full cargo - 350 TBI - 5 speed
1993 Passenger 4X4 Astro 305 TBI V8 -2 speed transfer case 5" custom lift - Built by Lockdoc
2015 Ram Promaster City - work car
2004 AWD Express 5.3
2005 Express 15 passenger 6.0
1984 Beauville Full Size Sport Van- built TBI 355-electric fans- 4L60e 95,000 original miles
2001 International School Bus

Topic author
biggreenoger
I am smitten with my van

Post by biggreenoger »

Logan wrote:viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5196

Here's the one I did.
Well that works, but hows it holding up to the door getting slamed shut? i want to steal your pictures and send over to Unity, the makers of all the cop spots.
Last edited by biggreenoger on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its a DIESEL thing!

Topic author
biggreenoger
I am smitten with my van

Post by biggreenoger »

This is what I got back from from Unity..
B.G.OGER, I HAVE A 2005 GMC SAFARI ALSO,& I WORK FOR THE COMPANY THAT MAKES THE SPOTLIGHTS. I EVEN HAD OUR APPLICATIONS ENGINEER GO OVER THE REASON “WHY” NO APPLICATIONS FOR THESE VEHICLES. HE EXPLAINED, THE WINDSHIELD POST IS NOT WIDE ENOUGH TO ACCOMMODATE A MOUNTING BRACKET THAT IS APPROX.3 ½” LONG & 1 1/8” WIDE. THE NEXT BEST POSITION IS A DOOR MOUNT SET-UP. HE COULD “COME-UP” WITH A BRACKET THAT WOULD HOLD THE SPOTLIGHT IN THE CORRECT POSITION,BUT, I WOULD HAVE TO “TAKE-A-LARGE-CHUNK” OF THE BEADING & UPHOLSTERY IN THE AREA AROUND WHERE THE SHAFTWORK OF THE SPOTLIGHT WOULD COME INTO THE CAB.SINCE MINE WAS A NEW VEHICLE,I DECIDED AGAINST IT. HE DECLAIRED THESE VEHICLES “NO APPLICATION”. THE ONLY OTHER METHOD OF ATTACHMENT IS A ROOFLIGHT, OR, A HAND-HELD,BOTH OF WHICH ARE SHOWN ON OUR WEBSITE.

"Carl Bronder" <c.bronder@unityusa.com>

Its a DIESEL thing!

GnarliSafari
I sleep in my van

Post by GnarliSafari »

yeah back home the city parks services had an old green astro that had a roof mount spotlight, always thought it was kinda cool.
99 SLT Safari AWD, G80/GT4 rear, Burgundy, 196,000 and counting (strictly AMSOIL) flowmaster 40series muffler no more cat, K&N Kone Filter, roll pan, 255/60/15 rubbers mounted to 15x8.5 inch American Racing Tailgunner wheels, billet grille, CB Radio, Alpine Deck, Shag carpet, the list goes on....
03 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, LB7 Duramax Diesel, 5 speed Allison Tranny, Crew Cab Long Bed, no muffler or cat, 4 inch turbo back and side piped. not too many other mods yet, also addicted to AMSOIL.

Herbie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Herbie »

I always figured I'd need to use a GoLight on my van if I wanted a spot light.

Now that I have the fiberglass roof, I'd have to figure out how to mount it without it looking like ass since I can't hide the backside under a "headliner".
"My minivan is cooler than your bro-truck"
2003 Astro AWD Astrolander/ZMB - GTRV Top Transplant, 4" OLV Lift, NP233 T-case, evolving interior
1995 Safari GTRV Organ donor - gutted and gone.