Suprise! Christmas came a little early this year.

Non technical and off-topic discussion

MountainManJoe
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: Suprise! Christmas came a little early this year.

Post by MountainManJoe »

Something high enough that she can see out the window, and with a 5-point harness.

LiftedAWDAstro

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Congrats Tom and Jen! So, when is the first wheeling trip? :muhaha:
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

Topic author
T.Low
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by T.Low »

:D There may be a snow run in her near future.
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.

snapple
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by snapple »

Congrats! Tom & Jen :cheers:
I didn't get my Astro addiction til after I had 3 kids! So your ahead of the game!
Merry Xmas & Welcome to Fatherhood! :supz:
'94 Astro AWD EXT LT - Over 211,000 ,parts van now!
DHC Rock rails
Overland Vans 4" lift kit and bumper w/grille guard
Fiamma awning

'95 Astro AWD EXT CS - Just over 99,000 miles

6spd_monte
I sleep in my van

Post by 6spd_monte »

Congratulations! =D>
-James

1987 LT
249,000 miles

dunedog
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dunedog »

Congradulations Jen and Tom.......both are beautiful!!

and Tom, pay attention here,.....there are changes coming. :yikes:

You've got years before getting the shotgun and porch rocker ready. :whistle:
1999 LS AWD 3" Lift,4.10's,Snowplow,9500lb Ramsey winch

crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by crash »

T.Low wrote: Jen brought up the name Olivia Cleary Lowell, and we still may actually use it. She thinks Cleary is an all round excellent player that walks the walk, has skill, grit, and work ethic, and truely thankful for his place in the world; everything we want in a little girl, and she really likes the sound of the name for it's own sake.
I explained your post to my Jen in regards to your Jen and the naming idea. She really liked it. Also, stating that no other player name would work. We'll, other than Olivia Stevie Yzerman Lowell.. but, that was a bit much .. hehe :yawinkle:
Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

vans owned: Image
97 Astro AWD (selling by summer .. i think) SOLD
99 Astro LS Sept 08 ASV VOM
94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT
96 Astro LT AWD * parts van*

Topic author
T.Low

Post by T.Low »

crash wrote:
T.Low wrote: Jen brought up the name Olivia Cleary Lowell, and we still may actually use it. She thinks Cleary is an all round excellent player that walks the walk, has skill, grit, and work ethic, and truely thankful for his place in the world; everything we want in a little girl, and she really likes the sound of the name for it's own sake.
I explained your post to my Jen in regards to your Jen and the naming idea. She really liked it. Also, stating that no other player name would work. We'll, other than Olivia Stevie Yzerman Lowell.. but, that was a bit much .. hehe :yawinkle:

Thanks again guys. I've never thought much about kids before, I guess other than my nephew and nieces, but it sure is something special when it happens to you, aint it though.

:D
While I wouldn't go so far as to say that Jen "gushes" over Stevie Y, she does think the world of him, as most of us do. She did bring up the name Stevie for a girl and we both really liked it, but just didn't think it would go over well.

Yzerman had three girls because God shook his head and said "I'm not even gonna try to do it again".

We've already decided that if Olivia ever gets a sister, her name will be Lilja (lil-ya). I was looking at his name ( Andreas Lilja) when they put him on wavers and realized his sir name would make such a nice girls name. No he's defineitly not the best Dman, but a great guy nontheless. Then we will have Livs and Lils.

Some of this was shot in '02 when he played on knee that he really couldn't even walk on. What a warrior. (Jen really likes the part where Shanahan bows down to Stevie Y as he comes out of the lockerroom) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA7gfd9C ... re=related
Last edited by T.Low on Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Topic author
T.Low

Post by T.Low »

dunedog wrote:Congradulations Jen and Tom.......both are beautiful!!

and Tom, pay attention here,.....there are changes coming. :yikes:

You've got years before getting the shotgun and porch rocker ready. :whistle:

You mean it goes soemthing like this?

:muhaha:

:-k

#-o

:yikes:

ImageImageImageImage

Kidhauler
I sleep in my van

Post by Kidhauler »

Congratulations on the little bundle of joy. I love how more of the first story was about the score of the game than the wife in labour. :poke:
1999 Safari Touring edition.
trailer tow pack with a 3:73 posi
Bucket bench seats, Rear heat, Rear Airconditioning.
teal green
300 000 kms
AirRide air bags in the rear to fix soft stock suspension.
Onboard aircompressor to make it all work nice.

hpygolkyone
I am smitten with my van

Post by hpygolkyone »

True story.........what does it have to do with anything? It doesn't.........

Living in Everett, Wa. at the time. My daughter was born on Dec. 18th. I woke up the next morning, mother and baby in hospital. Open the blinds and 6 inches of snow on the ground.....total shock! No indication of snow in the forecast.

Fast forward 4 years later.......third child comes along. Son was born Nov. 18th. I woke up in the morning, mother and baby in hospital. Open the blinds and 4 inches of snow on the ground.......total shock! No indication of snow in the forecast.

Moral of story..........this is where I came up with the idea that my children are inheriting my AWD Astro!
Other moral of the story........I am also giving them cash, homes and a financial portfolio. I'm not stupid........I had better be nice to them since they are the ones who are picking out my rest home!

Congratulations to the new parents. :cheers: Kids are our greatest investment.......and a hell of a lot of fun! \:D/
2000 Astro AWD
173,000 original miles

My children have been notified they are inheriting my van.......they stopped speaking to me.

Topic author
T.Low

Post by T.Low »

Kidhauler wrote:Congratulations on the little bundle of joy. I love how more of the first story was about the score of the game than the wife in labour. :poke:

Thanks a ton, Kev.
I think part of it is that no matter where in the world we go, we always know that my dad is home watching the Wings, often with my brother and my nephew, so it's sort of a tie that binds us. I always feal a little closer to home while I'm watching the Wings:-({|= We put up with a lot of bad years and have been enjoying this 19 consecutive yrs in the playoffs.

I've come to realize that I'm not really a sports fan anymore. Even though I letterred in football, basketball, and baseball in highschool, I don't care to watch sports at all anymore. I am simply a fan of the Red Wings, Hockey Night in Canada, and Olympic hockey.
ImageImageImageImage

Topic author
T.Low

Post by T.Low »

hpygolkyone wrote:
True story.........

Congratulations to the new parents. :cheers: Kids are our greatest investment.......and a hell of a lot of fun! \:D/

Funny story, thats great.

Anybody else feel free to chime in with kid/family posts as well, please.

My parents are still back in Detroit (Metro area). They are very very tight with my brother's kids, and really bumbed that they will not have the same type of daily relationship with my kids. Wanting them to share in the expeience any way possible as much as they could, I called them and said we are on our way to the birthing center.

When Olivia was born, she was instantly put on Jen's chest, I kissed them both and as the midwife beagan wiping down Olivia, I grabbed my cell phone, called my parents and just set the phone on the couch so they could hear her loud cry. Then i immediately started videoing. Mom said they both picked up the phone at the other end at the same time and realized it was their new grandchild and just listenned for a minute until I came to the phone and said hello. That way, they got to hear her within 15 seconds of her being born. They really enjoyed that.

Tonite we spent about an hour on skype with mom talking to Olivia, and Liv looking back at mom on the laptop, it was hilarously perfect. Livsey was really interested in that little voice on the screen and was trying very hard to stay awake and not miss anything. Mom got to watch a breast feeding and a diaper change, her and Jen were talking freely back and forth. I know it makes the distance easier for her.

Thanks again guys. :cheers:
ImageImageImageImage

Topic author
T.Low

Post by T.Low »

astrozam wrote:Congrats to both you and Jen Tom, fantastic news, I can't believe you guys were back so early after having the baby incredible.

My oldest daughters due date is today :yikes: and boy is she due :D

Well?...
ImageImageImageImage

astrozam

Post by astrozam »

T.Low wrote:
astrozam wrote:Congrats to both you and Jen Tom, fantastic news, I can't believe you guys were back so early after having the baby incredible.

My oldest daughters due date is today :yikes: and boy is she due :D

Well?...
Nothing yet, they said they would induce this fri if needed :cheers: