What happened to Will

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
Kidhauler
I sleep in my van

What happened to Will

Post by Kidhauler »

I am just wondering what exactly happened to Will off the AS.com site?

Everything just seemed to go to heck in a hand basket. With all the crashes who fixed them if Will didn't do it?

Has he totaly given up on the site and no longer cares about vans or has something just happened in his life to take up his time?

Its just sad to see such a great forum totally fall to peices.
1999 Safari Touring edition.
trailer tow pack with a 3:73 posi
Bucket bench seats, Rear heat, Rear Airconditioning.
teal green
300 000 kms
AirRide air bags in the rear to fix soft stock suspension.
Onboard aircompressor to make it all work nice.

Rileysowner
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by Rileysowner »

No idea what happened to him. I sent him a PM a few days back, and have heard nothing back. He seems to have disappeared. If he is not interested any longer, it would be nice if he said goodbye and offered the sell the domain name or something like that.
"I have a torque wrench and I am not afraid to use it."
Jim
1997 GMC Safari RWD, Power Windows and Locks, 7 passenger, a/c, rear heat

http://rileysowner.blogspot.com/

lockdoc
I sleep in my van

Post by lockdoc »

What a lot of folks don't realize is that we all contributed at the time to purchasing the domain names and new hosting. Will put A LOT of time into everything at one time but he doesn't seem to have the time or energy to do it anymore which is fine but this is OUR site and we definately should have the reigns turned over.

Topic author
Kidhauler
I sleep in my van

Post by Kidhauler »

I just received a PM from a member that knows Will. Rest asured that he hasn't just given up on the site and it isn't that he doesn't care anymore. He just has too much do deal with right now. I am sure that when his life returns to normal you will see him come back and clean house on the AS site.

For now though we have this site that is stable and spam free so hopefully one day when the other board gets stable we can transfer all this back to the other board and just use this one as a back up for important info we don't want to lose.
1999 Safari Touring edition.
trailer tow pack with a 3:73 posi
Bucket bench seats, Rear heat, Rear Airconditioning.
teal green
300 000 kms
AirRide air bags in the rear to fix soft stock suspension.
Onboard aircompressor to make it all work nice.

e7ats
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by e7ats »

Hopefully Will has a backup preCrash and can restore a lot of the old stuff. But seeing will be believing. But he still should let us know he is still working on it. No one has heard from him in almost 2 weeks. That is a long time. Plus he is putting us all at risk for spam and Viruses by neglecting AS.com
2003 AWD ASTRO Personal van

ds99
I get chills without my van.

Post by ds99 »

Will has been hangin' out with Jimmy Hoffa and Elvis. :^o
98 AWD Astro w/Corvette servos and shift kit,
The Watermelon
I have a shoe, and its scary...
No I wasn't in prison, just busy with kids :)

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

lockdoc wrote:What a lot of folks don't realize is that we all contributed at the time to purchasing the domain names and new hosting. Will put A LOT of time into everything at one time but he doesn't seem to have the time or energy to do it anymore which is fine but this is OUR site and we definately should have the reigns turned over.

Yo, mountain man. A coupla well-placed commas and period marks sure would make reading your verbal spewage a little bit easier, ya know? :-s

BLAZER
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by BLAZER »

peter wrote:
lockdoc wrote:What a lot of folks don't realize is that we all contributed at the time to purchasing the domain names and new hosting. Will put A LOT of time into everything at one time but he doesn't seem to have the time or energy to do it anymore which is fine but this is OUR site and we definately should have the reigns turned over.

Yo, mountain man. A coupla well-placed commas and period marks sure would make reading your verbal spewage a little bit easier, ya know? :-s
OH GREAT, who told peter about this place?? I thought we were safe! :butthead:

SafariRob
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by SafariRob »

Bill is right, we all did contribute to get the domain .com name. Thanks for the reminder, Bill, I had forgotten about that.
Rob Shaver
1989 Astro 305 with an MSD 6A ignition and a dash-mounted MSD timing control, a 4160 Holley 465 cfm four barrel carb, and an HEI distributor.
Moog 625 front springs and Energy Suspension poly bushings. Rear OEM sway bar. Edelbrock shocks.

astrogurl

Post by astrogurl »

peter wrote:

Peter, he is used to posting without commas and with single spaces after periods like he had to at Astrosafari.com. Cut him some slack would ya???

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

I think Peter's just being Peter just being Peter.
Wait, isn't SQUID the English professor here??
Shuddup Peter!!

Put yourselves in Will's place. Obviously he has some major life problem & can't take care of all this right now.
We have this wonderful new back-up forum for the mean time (THANKS TO YOU WONDERFUL FOLKS!)

I am really happy for that =P~
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

brianj
I am smitten with my van

Post by brianj »

I'm just proud that we're all Petey's new intellectual superi.. er. I mean have more posts than peter now!

:yawinkle:

lockdoc
I sleep in my van

Post by lockdoc »

peter wrote:

I fail to find the reason behind your bantar. I've reviewed my previous post and find no errors other than it was just one, long, breath.

astrogurl

Post by astrogurl »

brianj wrote:I'm just proud that we're all Petey's new intellectual superi.. er. I mean have more posts than peter now!

:yawinkle:
Give it a few hours.....

jakepatch
I get chills without my van.

Post by jakepatch »

I think there's more to go along with all this though; sure I can understand having problems, haven't we all? But the main point everyone is trying to make is that there should have been someone else that could have done something all along. Having one person in total control just doens't work, look at what has happenned. The other point is, everyone is just waiting for Will to come back and "save the day" and all will be better, and it's so great we have this "back-up" board until it comes back, well, the longer I am here, the longer I'm going to stay here. 2 months from now all of a sudden AS.com is back, why am I going to go back? I have a nice new home here, I think I'm pretty much here to stay.
Hope to be vannin' again someday........