How to upgrade over head console

FROM HEADLINERS TO CARPETS, CUSTOM DASHES TO MOOD LIGHTING, IT GOES HERE.

LaGrasta
I sleep in my van

Re: How to upgrade over head console

Post by LaGrasta »

"If you hold down the two left buttons for a few seconds it will reset."

There is the info I needed, I'll do that this morning. Thank you. As for pics, I didn't take any. I know, I know… When all is said and done, it looks totally stock.
1998 Astro, 246,000 miles

K&N air filter
TruCool trans cooler
2" Overland lift & 15" BFG Terrain, 3.73 gears
JET Performance SCU-2000 (Speed Control Unit)
Gabriel Ultra shocks, rear AirLift bags & sway bar
Draw-Tite Dual Port Hitch System, hitch-mounted bike rack (4), hitch-mounted cargo tray, Thule roof-mounted cargo box

snapple
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by snapple »

Smiliesafari wrote:Did I miss something or did you, LaGrasta, FORGET THE PICS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \:D/
[-X NO PICS! [-( I'd even settle for a finished shot! :poke:
My console is the Plain Jane,and not easily upgraded. I was thinking of integrating my gps at the front section of the console and a dvd player with a decent screen that folded down for the rear section. :-k Need to take some measurements I guess. :cheers:
'94 Astro AWD EXT LT - Over 211,000 ,parts van now!
DHC Rock rails
Overland Vans 4" lift kit and bumper w/grille guard
Fiamma awning

'95 Astro AWD EXT CS - Just over 99,000 miles

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

Awww ... no photos!? Well at least get the finished product photographed :) Just something to make us all jealous and go install one on our own ride.
97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"

willisworms
I get chills without my van.

Post by willisworms »

I tried to install the overhead display this weekend. I pulled the display out of a 2001 blazer, It has the mode button. I got it home and started searching for the " fingers crossed " existing wires in the headliner. They where there! bonus. Now the first hiccup, It turns out that there is pigtail wire needed to go from the van to the display. Well back to the pick and pull to retrieve said pigtail. Hiccup #2, The blazer does not have this wire as the main harness runs up the windshield. I cut the harness back as far as I could and took that wire home to see if I can just solder the ends to the van side wires.Hiccup #3, the wires on the display side do not match the wires on the van side. I used the following two schematics to hook the wires together, The only difference is that ther is no place to hook up the orange wire in photo one, and that wire H on the van side is purple not yellow. The display lights up and shows all information but the numbers are all wrong. The compass does not change direction and the avg speed slowly counts up to 999 kms/h and stays there,nothing works right. My van is a 99 and does have the purple wire in H on the van side connector, I believe this is the data wire. My van has the 4x4 transfer case in it. could this be messing things up? faulty display?
Attachments
2002DICConnectorwithtrip.jpg
instrumentpanel.jpg