1998 astro wood gauge cluster trim

FROM HEADLINERS TO CARPETS, CUSTOM DASHES TO MOOD LIGHTING, IT GOES HERE.

Topic author
niagaradood
I am smitten with my van

1998 astro wood gauge cluster trim

Post by niagaradood »

I was digging around good old ebay a few weeks ago and came across an awesome looking wood trim that went around the instrument cluster. didn't have the cash to order, so I waited. stupid me, didn't bother to watch it so I could go back and order it. now it's long gone. I've seen it as a full wood trim package, but I'm not interested in paying $150 for a wood trim kit that I probably won't even use. anyone seen anything like I've described? if you know where I can get one, please let me know.. I seen it, I liked it, I wanted it, now that I have the money, I can't find it.. lol
Mike
aka niagaradood
Why hello there stress... Nice to see you again... You might want to make yourself comfortable... You will be here for a while!!
current list of wheels:
1998 Chev Astro, 4.3 stock, tow package, leather, duel power seats, power everything else.
1977 Master Coach 17' travel trailer, origionally slept 6, now sleeps 4, 19" LCD flat screen, dvd, over the air digital HD.

Topic author
niagaradood
I am smitten with my van

Re: 1998 astro wood gauge cluster trim

Post by niagaradood »

google is a pita.. went looking around for the trim part I want, but only found one, and it was only available as an option part ($69 just for the option..) ONLY if you buy the complete 42 piece wood trim kit for $300+.. all I want is the cheap piece of trim that I saw on ebay.. lol I did spot the piece I need in a link I found in one of the forums..
this van was really dressed, had wood everywhere.. if you can look past the steering wheel, you can see a similar part to what I'm looking for.. btw, the van that has the part is on dealer's lot somewhere in the UK.. lol
so if anyone knows where I can get just that trim piece, (an please, no smarta55 replies about going to the UK to buy THAT van.. lol) send me a note..
Mike
aka niagaradood
the trim around the gauge cluster
the trim around the gauge cluster
Why hello there stress... Nice to see you again... You might want to make yourself comfortable... You will be here for a while!!
current list of wheels:
1998 Chev Astro, 4.3 stock, tow package, leather, duel power seats, power everything else.
1977 Master Coach 17' travel trailer, origionally slept 6, now sleeps 4, 19" LCD flat screen, dvd, over the air digital HD.

Kidhauler
I sleep in my van

Post by Kidhauler »

Unless you find a conversion van in the junk yard I think your sol. I have never seen the wood trim on a normal van. I am sure you don't need to fly to England to buy the van for the right price I am sure they would ship it to you. :poke:
1999 Safari Touring edition.
trailer tow pack with a 3:73 posi
Bucket bench seats, Rear heat, Rear Airconditioning.
teal green
300 000 kms
AirRide air bags in the rear to fix soft stock suspension.
Onboard aircompressor to make it all work nice.

Topic author
niagaradood
I am smitten with my van

Post by niagaradood »

my next attempt at finding one will be calling any and all trim/conversion shops within 500 miles of home. might be up for a road trip.. lol
current list of wheels: