NEW FRONT COILS

FROM FIBERGLASS MONOLEAFS TO AIR BAGS, STOCK HEIGHT TO BODY SLAMMED, EVERYTHING EXCEPT LIFTS GO HERE.

Topic author
huntnfreak
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

NEW FRONT COILS

Post by huntnfreak »

Wanted to get my front and rear suspension raised on my rear wheel drive due to sagging and keeping it almost original. Got a quote for 400 cash for a re-arch, add helper leafs and new coils on the front. The rear will be a little higher/stiffer as per my request for towing but was thinking maybe same for front coils maybe a little stiffer. Reason being, loads carried and passengers as well as clearance. Any thoughts on this? Is there a heavier front coil available for the Safaris or another vehicle coil that will fit? Easy enough job to do myself to save a few bucks, fronts coils that is without spring compressor?

LaGrasta
I sleep in my van

Re: NEW FRONT COILS

Post by LaGrasta »

Spring compressors can be rented form most auto parts stores for free. As long as you return it, no cost. For extra clearance to help hauling, towing, etc, I recommend the 2" lift kit form Overland. It's cheap enough and easy enough to install and provide a much better look and practical height for a more useful van/truck.

2" body pucks, e-brake relocation bracket, leaf shackles. trim the wheel wells a bit along with the fan shroud and you're done.

I've also spent maybe just over another $100 or so and added rear AirLift bags. When I have a large haul or tow, I air them up and can add a considerable amount more of travel, close to 8"!
1998 Astro, 246,000 miles

K&N air filter
TruCool trans cooler
2" Overland lift & 15" BFG Terrain, 3.73 gears
JET Performance SCU-2000 (Speed Control Unit)
Gabriel Ultra shocks, rear AirLift bags & sway bar
Draw-Tite Dual Port Hitch System, hitch-mounted bike rack (4), hitch-mounted cargo tray, Thule roof-mounted cargo box