Better late than never...

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Better late than never...

Post by peter »

I'm here...finally. I still hold hope that the AS.com board gets back on it's feet, but I'm now here nonetheless.
I want to make a few things clear.

#1 I never had anything against Will up 'till now. I knew/know that he was going thru some hard times, and I was glad to show the necessary patience while he got it all sorted out. Though I am deeply saddened by Will's obstinance in allowing moderators to help him out, I do not hate him for it. I'm disappointed in him and his stubborness, mind you, because it caused grief for many others. This wasn't just a case of "it's my problem and I'm the only one that'll suffer because of it"!

#2 I want it to be crystal clear that I didn't "hold out" on joining here because I have anything against AstroZam. Yes, he may look like the next Son of Sam. Yes, he usually terrorizes small children and smaller doggies. No, he usually has nothing of any value to offer to any conversation. And yes, he lives in the dullest, most boring province in Canada, Ontario. But so what, everyone has a few faults, right? 'Xceptin' fer ole Petey, of course :yawinkle:

#3 I've always respected Keith for doing the best he can with AS.com. As well, I know I woulda thrown in the towel 3-4 months ago as a moderator, had I been in Keith's shoes (well, sandals actually. You know, those fruity hippy versions). Keith has always taken his responsibility at AS.com seriously, and I noticed the frustration growing in him with every passing week these last months. I know that for him to finally say "screw it" means he was at the end of his rope. I am thankful of his efforts and just wanted to make sure there was ABSOLUTELY no doubt of that at all.

So I'm here now. And while I was THE postwhore at AS.com, down here I'm only as significant as the rest of you belly-button lintballs. I will need time to adapt to my newfound "nobody" status. Please be patient with me. Even posting feels awkward, I think I may have lost my mojo.... #-o

BLAZER
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by BLAZER »

Well, there goes the neighborhood! So much for our little peaceful existance over here on the backup board. Peter joins and the things will be going down the tubes. :) :D
HAHAHA Petey...notin but :heart: Good to see ya finally come over. I now we all too gave Will the benefit of the doubt, but I guess enough is enough. Just sad to see it going downhill so fast, hopefully it will come around soon.
Welcome......NOOBIE!!!!!

e7ats
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by e7ats »

Good to see you made it Petey. Thanks for the smiles. (like I need help with that) :whistle:
2003 AWD ASTRO Personal van

v8famvan
I sleep in my van

Post by v8famvan »

Hello newbie, Image

Administrators, I think this guy is a Imageer. I mean, just check his occupation in his profile.
James from B.C.
1992 Safari - R.I.P.
GM Grand Master Techncian

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Better late than never...

Post by mdmead »

peter wrote:I'm here...finally. I still hold hope that the AS.com board gets back on it's feet, but I'm now here nonetheless.
I want to make a few things clear.

#1 I never had anything against Will up 'till now. I knew/know that he was going thru some hard times, and I was glad to show the necessary patience while he got it all sorted out. Though I am deeply saddened by Will's obstinance in allowing moderators to help him out, I do not hate him for it. I'm disappointed in him and his stubborness, mind you, because it caused grief for many others. This wasn't just a case of "it's my problem and I'm the only one that'll suffer because of it"!

#2 I want it to be crystal clear that I didn't "hold out" on joining here because I have anything against AstroZam. Yes, he may look like the next Son of Sam. Yes, he usually terrorizes small children and smaller doggies. No, he usually has nothing of any value to offer to any conversation. And yes, he lives in the dullest, most boring province in Canada, Ontario. But so what, everyone has a few faults, right? 'Xceptin' fer ole Petey, of course :yawinkle:

#3 I've always respected Keith for doing the best he can with AS.com. As well, I know I woulda thrown in the towel 3-4 months ago as a moderator, had I been in Keith's shoes (well, sandals actually. You know, those fruity hippy versions). Keith has always taken his responsibility at AS.com seriously, and I noticed the frustration growing in him with every passing week these last months. I know that for him to finally say "screw it" means he was at the end of his rope. I am thankful of his efforts and just wanted to make sure there was ABSOLUTELY no doubt of that at all.

So I'm here now. And while I was THE postwhore at AS.com, down here I'm only as significant as the rest of you belly-button lintballs. I will need time to adapt to my newfound "nobody" status. Please be patient with me. Even posting feels awkward, I think I may have lost my mojo.... #-o
Nice speech windbag. Sorry though, it only counts as one post!
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

Image Image Image

Ali-V8famvan
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Post by Ali-V8famvan »

Here, I'll mojo you :)
Ali
Hockey Mom
For all van info see V8famvan

I have PMS and I'm not afraid to use it!

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

LOL!! The Canadian version of "mojo" sure is different than what I know as a mojo! If Petey gets his mojo back from drinking a cup of chocolate flavored coffee; he never had one to begin with!!

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Thanks Peter, I appreciate the kind words. :)

astrogurl
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by astrogurl »

Welcome, it is nice to see you. :)

As for being a "newbie", yeah right, I'm sure that lasted about 3 minutes. Though I suppose every post whore has to start somewhere, right?

Kidhauler
I sleep in my van

Post by Kidhauler »

I'm almost surprised that he didn't make every line its own post just to get his numbers up. O:)

Welcome to the board petey.
1999 Safari Touring edition.
trailer tow pack with a 3:73 posi
Bucket bench seats, Rear heat, Rear Airconditioning.
teal green
300 000 kms
AirRide air bags in the rear to fix soft stock suspension.
Onboard aircompressor to make it all work nice.

ds99
I get chills without my van.

Post by ds99 »

Welcome
98 AWD Astro w/Corvette servos and shift kit,
The Watermelon
I have a shoe, and its scary...
No I wasn't in prison, just busy with kids :)

ds99

Post by ds99 »

NOOB
The Watermelon

ds99

Post by ds99 »

:D

(See, Classic Petey Post)
The Watermelon

jakepatch

Post by jakepatch »

Well, I'll say it's good to see you Petey! Of course, it took me about ten minutes to quit laughing long enough to be able ot type! Welcome Buddy, it's feeling more and more like home.
Oh, and kidhauler, don't give him any idea's!!!!
Hope to be vannin' again someday........