Hi, newbie here, can i spambot here also?

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

CaptSquid
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by CaptSquid »

I could definitely do with a visit to Timmy's (or, barring that, a care package! :whistle: )

Yes, I know where BC is, as well as Lethbridge and Calgary and Saskatoon ... I even know where NWT are (is?) and that new one, Nunavut. But it all comes from being raised in Montana, where the border between us and you is but a bare strip and the border guards know you by name. I remember using and getting Canuck Bucks in change at a 1:1 exchange rate.
Mike, Billings, MT, 'MERICA!
92 Safari SLE w/Z Motor (sold to a good home)
98 AWD Stro LS
93 Suburban Silverado 4x4

Look for the MISSING Alien in the Right Seat. AL, PHONE HOME!!!

ImageImage

SafariRob
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by SafariRob »

Early on, I also noticed that Canadians will post Canada in their address. It's the reason that I put USA after my address, too--I figure it's just a courtesy to someone who may be from Europe or some other place on the globe and who won't have a clue as to where Ohio is.
Rob Shaver
1989 Astro 305 with an MSD 6A ignition and a dash-mounted MSD timing control, a 4160 Holley 465 cfm four barrel carb, and an HEI distributor.
Moog 625 front springs and Energy Suspension poly bushings. Rear OEM sway bar. Edelbrock shocks.

ds99
I get chills without my van.

Post by ds99 »

Lucky I moved to Kentucky, I used to live in Ontario.
California, that is.
I was always getting people asking how I like the U.S.A. :)
98 AWD Astro w/Corvette servos and shift kit,
The Watermelon
I have a shoe, and its scary...
No I wasn't in prison, just busy with kids :)

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

If you tell some people from down south that you're from L.A. they think you mean Louisiana!! #-o Had it happen several times in my past.

ds99

Post by ds99 »

Out here I barely tell them I'm from Cali, let alone L.A.
They alway treat you funny after that or are asking wether it's like all the crime movies portray Angelinos.
After a few days of interacting with a group or region of people I have a knack of picking up speech patterns and inflections so I'm pretty comfortable wherever I go. Everyone I know here forgets that I'm a transplant.
You know the old saying of rub blue mud in your bellybutton when everyone else is too> :)
98 AWD Astro w/Corvette servos and shift kit,
The Watermelon
I have a shoe, and its scary...
No I wasn't in prison, just busy with kids :)

Ali-V8famvan
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Post by Ali-V8famvan »

CaptSquid wrote:I could definitely do with a visit to Timmy's (or, barring that, a care package! :whistle: )

Yes, I know where BC is, as well as Lethbridge and Calgary and Saskatoon ... I even know where NWT are (is?) and that new one, Nunavut. But it all comes from being raised in Montana, where the border between us and you is but a bare strip and the border guards know you by name. I remember using and getting Canuck Bucks in change at a 1:1 exchange rate.
I am impressed...please don't be offended not many Americans get Timmy's comments. A care package eh? Hmmm...I can feel for you on that one.
How's this look? Image
Ali
Hockey Mom
For all van info see V8famvan

I have PMS and I'm not afraid to use it!

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

Ali, do you know who Juan Valdez is? :whistle:
Last edited by trybe13 on Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

astrogurl
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by astrogurl »

Ali-V8famvan wrote: I am impressed...please don't be offended not many Americans get Timmy's comments. A care package eh? Hmmm...I can feel for you on that one.
How's this look? [img]
If it is any consolation, PJ and I knew what you meant by Timmy's as well. Heck, I even know what a pogo is. O:)

skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you tell some people from down south that you're from L.A. they think you mean Louisiana!! Had it happen several times in my past.
ITS the same thing with NY , if tell anybody in this country that your from NY they automaticly think your from new york city . you have to tell them upstate NY the capitol region in my case . #-o
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

jakepatch

Post by jakepatch »

Try living in TORONTO, South Dakota. The worst part is, alot of people form the same state don't even know where it is!! Guess that's what happens when you come from a little town with a population of 200.
On Wednesday I took my mom to the "city" to have a surgery done, talking in the waiting room to some others I mentioned I was from Toronto, and their response was "you came all the way from Canada for this?". I replied no, I drove for 1 hour from Toronto, SOUTH DAKOTA!!!
Hope to be vannin' again someday........

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

Population of 200!!! WOW! I thought my town was small. That's no town, that's a village!! You guys kick your idiot out? Is that why Petey lives in Canada now??!?!??! Image Sorry Petey! It just all connected. Aren't you glad you came over to this board now? Image