Art Astro in Portland

Post photos, video of your van

Topic author
tribri1
I get chills without my van.

Art Astro in Portland

Post by tribri1 »

I see this van around town every once and a while. Saturday I had a chance to get a photo. Turns out the owner is one of those guys that paint pictures and sale murals on storefronts...
Attachments
Art Astro.jpg
2000 Ford Econoline GTRV Full Camper
2003 AWD Astro-VTop-Surf/River/Roadtrip Rig - In the great campground in the sky

krsowles
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: Art Astro in Portland

Post by krsowles »

That van is great! It makes me feel sooo much better about my paint job!
Thanks for making my day, Kelly :cheers:
Sometimes, I realize that I'm clueless...Man, I hate those moments!
"S.S. Dark HoMutt"

1999 Chevy Astro AWD
1991 Chevy Astro AWD(retired)

H2OJoe
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by H2OJoe »

What part of Portland do you see it? I'll have to look for it the next time we go to the city.
It's always cool to see someone take the time and interest to modify their van, even if it isn't
a way I'd want to do it myself. =D>
2001 Astro LT AWD "Redneck Edition", 4" Custom Lift, 30x9.5R15LT on stock wheels, Hightop conversion, custom interior, custom roof racks, external solar shower, front recovery points. SOLD

1997 Astro LS AWD Starting build soon.

Topic author
tribri1
I get chills without my van.

Post by tribri1 »

I took this photo in front of Lipman's Party Supply in Southeast near OMSI. Doing a quick search I found more information.

From: http://www.neighborhoodnotes.com/news/2 ... o_gallery/

The Never Never Van Driven by Extremo the Clown (a.k.a. Scott Campbell)
For many years, Extremo the Clown drove the most noticeable art car in the city of Portland. Extremo—the professional artist Scott Campbell—is known for wearing distinctive clown makeup, driving with performing puppets, singing karaoke, and laughing manically.

“Scott has a little bit of a compulsion,” Emily Hall says, “and the compulsion is clown face.”

Besides his work as Extremo the Clown, Campbell is a successful and prolific graphic artist. His primary form of artistic expression, and income, is painting advertisements in the widows of local businesses.

“Anywhere you go in Portland, you’re going to see these goofy window paintings,” Hall says. “And he makes a really great, straight living off that.”

Extremo the Clown maintains an active presence on YouTube, which hosts videos of his local television appearances, and has shown all types of unique art around town.

Extremo’s well-known car, the MSV, no longer runs. The Never Never Van, his current work in progress, is based on the story of Peter Pan.

2000 Ford Econoline GTRV Full Camper
2003 AWD Astro-VTop-Surf/River/Roadtrip Rig - In the great campground in the sky

doyoulikeithere
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by doyoulikeithere »

LOL, Thats awesome.
I especially like the hood ornament !
And the big white rat costume in the background...
:supz:
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Blue.
2016 Yamaha XSR900 - Silver.
1990 Astro - AWD - Brown.
1987 Astro - With 5 Speed & 4wd - Silver & Blue.