disgruntled veteran-problems with travel websites

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
markmitchinnh
I sleep in my van

disgruntled veteran-problems with travel websites

Post by markmitchinnh »

I am a 100% disabled combat veteran and have not flown anywhere in approximately 10 years. I am suppose to go to California to meet my new wives family. I went on line and checked flight prices and decided to look at military discounts only to find out that the discounts are only for active duty military? Now my beef: If it was not for the past military the present military would have nothing to fight for or with. If not for the past Hero's America would be communist or worse. And there would be no freedom to sell tickets and make profits. Bunch of freaking losers. I have a valid military ID because I am combat wounded and yet its no good to them.
Recently bought a 1989 Astro RS from Florida. Replaced stock engine witha 1997 5.7 vortec with TBI and replaced transmission with rebuilt 700R4 with mild shift kit.
Bought on Monday the 16th of April 2012

doyoulikeithere
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: disgruntled veteran-problems with travel websites

Post by doyoulikeithere »

Time to go Postal ?!?!?!?!?
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Blue.
2016 Yamaha XSR900 - Silver.
1990 Astro - AWD - Brown.
1987 Astro - With 5 Speed & 4wd - Silver & Blue.

Topic author
markmitchinnh
I sleep in my van

Post by markmitchinnh »

lol I was pissed and so I figured I would put it on as many sites as possible.
Recently bought a 1989 Astro RS from Florida. Replaced stock engine witha 1997 5.7 vortec with TBI and replaced transmission with rebuilt 700R4 with mild shift kit.

CaptSquid
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by CaptSquid »

Is your ID green or blue? They know the difference. Military discounts have been, and always will be, for active duty members only.
Mike, Billings, MT, 'MERICA!
92 Safari SLE w/Z Motor (sold to a good home)
98 AWD Stro LS
93 Suburban Silverado 4x4

Look for the MISSING Alien in the Right Seat. AL, PHONE HOME!!!

ImageImage

Topic author
markmitchinnh
I sleep in my van

Post by markmitchinnh »

it is actually kind of a pink/brown color. I understand they have there rules but I also think its unfair as I said before if not for the past veterans/hero's there would be no present anything.

OKflyboy
I am smitten with my van

Post by OKflyboy »

Hell its even worse for me. I've a veteran but I was a reservist. So not only do I not get discounts now, I didn't get many discounts while I was in either, because Reserve is not "Active Duty". Although I will say when I was in the CAC IDs actually said "Reserve" on them, they have since removed that and the two are identical so its impossible to tell active from reserve based on ID alone.

Topic author
markmitchinnh
I sleep in my van

Post by markmitchinnh »

I once trained hard and went off to war, a war I believed in, right to the core.
I fought for freedom and so much more. Things I believed were worth fighting for.
I was a soldier I believed it was right, I fought in mud, sand, jungles night and day
I believe in the (us) in the US of A and I for one am here to stay
I watched friends die and get blown apart and after all that I felt in my heart, is this really worth fighting for and losing my life? My legs and my arms and possibly my wife?
All and all I will have to say if I had to do it all over would I do it the same?
I made my choices and I believe I chose right to put on a uniform and join the fight.
So to all you haters and people astray if you don’t like this country just go away.
People always bitching and complaining about everything
Just be glad we have a government instead of a king
\

We the people is how its suppose to work yet if no one learns how to make changes and no one votes
Then the people are at fault as much as the government.

doyoulikeithere
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by doyoulikeithere »

markmitchinnh wrote:I once trained hard and went off to war, a war I believed in, right to the core.
I fought for freedom and so much more. Things I believed were worth fighting for.
I was a soldier I believed it was right, I fought in mud, sand, jungles night and day
I believe in the (us) in the US of A and I for one am here to stay
I watched friends die and get blown apart and after all that I felt in my heart, is this really worth fighting for and losing my life? My legs and my arms and possibly my wife?
All and all I will have to say if I had to do it all over would I do it the same?
I made my choices and I believe I chose right to put on a uniform and join the fight.
So to all you haters and people astray if you don’t like this country just go away.
People always bitching and complaining about everything
Just be glad we have a government instead of a king
\

We the people is how its suppose to work yet if no one learns how to make changes and no one votes
Then the people are at fault as much as the government.
Very nicely said. =D>
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16K6m3Ua ... r_embedded[/youtube]
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Blue.
2016 Yamaha XSR900 - Silver.
1990 Astro - AWD - Brown.
1987 Astro - With 5 Speed & 4wd - Silver & Blue.