As.com down again!

Non technical and off-topic discussion

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: As.com down again!

Post by phr1$k37 »

SoCalli V8 wrote:
potskie wrote:There is an insane amount of AS owners in my city. I can't go a day without counting at least 30 other mvans. So what I'm proposing is someone send me some AstroSAfariVans.com stickers and I'll plaster my van with em.
You can order free business cards from http://www.vistaprint.com to place on the windshields of other vans that you see, you just pay for the shipping.

*poke*
http://www.astrosafarivans.com ???

ASV is "backup board" to me but yuppers once AS is sunk and gone I am over here ASAP!!!

Just a few things:
1) It might just be my luck, but I find the ASV board to be slow at times ... like bad slow, is it because there is a lot of maintenance work on the host server?
2) Can someone please fix the index link to the forum? Clicking on the van works (although I prefer it to open in the same window and not a new parent window) but the text link right below it sends it to the wrong spot.
3) If we want this board to go prime time, we can make a pack for everyone to google and click on link to move it up on the search list :muhaha:

Lastly, can someone install the emo for poking? :axe:
97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"

potskie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by potskie »

Whoa Zam I didn't mean to set you off dude. I just made an observation that many seem to overlook and that's, that it was still around. I'm not making excuses for anything done or said int he past. Just pointing out that we should at least be thankful that it was still around this long because he was still paying the bills that's all.

I understand the usability and full control issues in completeness BTDT my self with a few boards I've been on and run. But I've also been a believer in the he who pays is he who owns and decides laws as well. Which is why I'm glad to see that here is based on a community donation method for payment of said fees to run a site. Which reminds me Justice you still haven't gotten back to me on how to make a pay pal donation it's been like 3 or 4 months dude.
Image 98 Safari RWD. Stock.
Do you smell what Barack is cookin ?!?!

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

potskie wrote:Whoa Zam I didn't mean to set you off dude. I just made an observation that many seem to overlook and that's, that it was still around. I'm not making excuses for anything done or said int he past. Just pointing out that we should at least be thankful that it was still around this long because he was still paying the bills that's all.

I understand the usability and full control issues in completeness BTDT my self with a few boards I've been on and run. But I've also been a believer in the he who pays is he who owns and decides laws as well. Which is why I'm glad to see that here is based on a community donation method for payment of said fees to run a site. Which reminds me Justice you still haven't gotten back to me on how to make a pay pal donation it's been like 3 or 4 months dude.

Send him a PM and he will send you his email for paypal. Internet is slow at work and I think they blocked paypal -_-
97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

phr1$k37 wrote:
ASV is "backup board" to me but yuppers once AS is sunk and gone I am over here ASAP!!!

I could rant about this all day long,I doubt it would do any good

Just a few things:

1) It might just be my luck, but I find the ASV board to be slow at times ... like bad slow, is it because there is a lot of maintenance work on the host server?
It must be on your end,ever since we moved to this new server speeds have been very good,one thing I do recommend tho for just general speed increase is go to Opendns.com follow the instructions,open an account its free,then when surfing open up your Opendns account in a tab,click on dasboard,then in another tab start surfin, doing this has markedly improved my internet speed,it certainly will not hurt to try it.

2) Can someone please fix the index link to the forum? Clicking on the van works (although I prefer it to open in the same window and not a new parent window) but the text link right below it sends it to the wrong spot.
Justice has provided a link index.php directly to the forum,for the time being use this instead of the old homepage

3) If we want this board to go prime time, we can make a pack for everyone to google and click on link to move it up on the search list :muhaha:
type in astro safari vans in the google search bar and see what comes up,we have several people joining both sites each day

Lastly, can someone install the emo for poking? :axe:
I'm sure it will get done eventually, we are working on abolishing world hunger 1st,poke

[/color]

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

No dont go ranting ... I think you saw another one of post; I am gonna have to post here more so smurfer boy doesnt rack up insane post numbers on us all ROFL.

I think it is just my luck that everyday at work around 0800 my time some route goes haywire. Its OK I prevent and just check the board earlier =D>

Yups I am aware of googling that exact term but I meant to do hits on "astro vans" "safari vans" and other things. I have been doing that in hopes that more generic terms will lead folks to our site :) Actually because of you guys when some googles "lifted gmc safari" and other term which I cannot remember right now my website is the 2nd link 0.o only bested by Wiki.
Quite a few of Princess' photos are on yahoo and google image search. Looks like I better wash her up and take new photos LOL

justice
I sleep in my van

Post by justice »

Lastly, can someone install the emo for poking?
I'm sure it will get done eventually, we are working on abolishing world hunger 1st,poke
I don't have the poke emo... if someone can point me to a copy, i'll install it.

I have some other maintenace to do this coming weekend as well.
Justice has provided a link index.php directly to the forum,for the time being use this instead of the old homepage
I changed it so the forum would open in its own window because I didn't like the way the forum was acting in the frames. I can put two links out there if people want it. One that keeps the forum in the frames and one that breaks it out.
I have a ban hammer and I ain't fraid to use it!

Current - 2004 Astro Cargo

Former
95 Safari (money pit - sold)
93 Astro Cargo (totaled)
85 Astro - (Bought for parts and scrapped)
92 Astro Conversion (sold)
87 Safari Shorty (sold)

ihatemybike
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by ihatemybike »

Does this not work?

Code: Select all

target="_top"

Coded for van pic link.

<area shape="rect" coords="7,3,245,105" href="http://www.astrosafarivans.com/bb2" target="_top">
Coded for word "FORUM" link.

<a href="http://www.astrosafarivans.com/bb2" target="_top">
That should cause the forum to open in the same window while losing the frames.
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

That's my man! =D>
Actually what I was complaining about has been fixed already. So dont mind me now. As for opening in the frame I dont care I can just close the main window or better yet I find myself typing in the bb2 heh. Awesome job dudes!

ASTROJOE LT1
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Post by ASTROJOE LT1 »

Has anyone heard from Will about when the AS forum will be back up and running again.
Joe

89 ASTRO CL Shorty,95 Corvette LT1 Engine,4L60E,

ImageImage

LiftedAWDAstro
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

It's still down? LOL :yawinkle:
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

NotDadsW41
I sleep in my van

Post by NotDadsW41 »

It's down? Geez, I hadn't noticed since I deleted that out of my favorites.....
CD_S
1991 W41
1995 Astro - Now gone, I am Astroless.
1997 C1500
1989 9C1 Caprice
1997 Bonneville
1998 Olds 88 LS
http://forums.b-body.org - newly updated!

Rileysowner

Post by Rileysowner »

I don't even check any longer. I figure someone here would mention if it is, and I could check in to moderate there, but other than that, I am not even thinking about it.
"I have a torque wrench and I am not afraid to use it."
Jim
1997 GMC Safari RWD, Power Windows and Locks, 7 passenger, a/c, rear heat

http://rileysowner.blogspot.com/

potskie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by potskie »

Ya I'm pretty much done with AS sadly. Tho I have been looking at the page source trying to find a back way into the forums so I can retrieve some of the stuff that's missing here. Like just today I went to go show a guy at work rebels van as he didn't beleive me someone in this world would be insane enough to install a corvette IFS in a van... But alas I could only find one pick of the rear #-o I also wanted to show him the SPB build up thread but I couldn't find it either but then again after the let down I had with finding picks of rebels van I didn't even really try very hard.

potskie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by potskie »

Oh poking my nose around AS some more I have discovered the error everyone is seeing is because of updates to the host server the perl version specifically ( dunno if it's wills or he pays for hosting) but the problem would need to be corrected by the hosting party as they have 2 versions of the list perl module installed which is causing perl to poo all over it's self.

ihatemybike

Post by ihatemybike »

I've been able to read some AS pages that Google has cached, but that's it.
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86