What happened to Will

Non technical and off-topic discussion

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

Will just posted this at A/S...... (Fri 22nd approx 7pm)

Hey guys, I put drooler and AstroZam as mods on ALL forums. Hopefully you can clean up what needs cleaning untill I can get a chance to upgrade the board to 3.1.5. I apologize for this huge delay. Things have been not so good in my world lately and I understand that a lot of you are upset that I haven't participated. I have had a lot of emails asking if I will sell AS.com and that is not an option. I understand if you are fed up and have to leave for somewhere else. I hate to see you go but I can promise you I will be back to update the board as soon as I can. That may not be soon enough for some of you. Again I am sorry. I just have too much going on right that comes first. I am sorry.
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by mdmead »

SoCalli V8 wrote:Will just posted this at A/S...... (Fri 22nd approx 7pm)

Hey guys, I put drooler and AstroZam as mods on ALL forums. Hopefully you can clean up what needs cleaning untill I can get a chance to upgrade the board to 3.1.5. I apologize for this huge delay. Things have been not so good in my world lately and I understand that a lot of you are upset that I haven't participated. I have had a lot of emails asking if I will sell AS.com and that is not an option. I understand if you are fed up and have to leave for somewhere else. I hate to see you go but I can promise you I will be back to update the board as soon as I can. That may not be soon enough for some of you. Again I am sorry. I just have too much going on right that comes first. I am sorry.

Yeah, I saw that too. And it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy that AS.com is going to be straightened out anytime soon.

Looks like this is now home......
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!

jakepatch
I get chills without my van.

Post by jakepatch »

I second that notion Matt. If he is too busy to do something, then allow someone else to, that is what we have been asking all along. Giving Zam Mod over all forums isn't the answer, it's only a temp fix, and I don't think Zam is into it much anymore anyway.
And we weren't asking for him to sell out, or to leave completely, we were asking to allow someone else to be an Admin to be able to do something when he's not around. But it doesn't sound like he's willing to accept that.
So I guess this is looking more and more like home. As I said, why am I going to go back when I know I have a good site here.
Hope to be vannin' again someday........

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

I won't be doing any Super Moderating over at A.S, It simply isn't the answer and I've told WILL that. My days at A.S are pretty much over, I've wished WILL well with his problems, but I plan on focusing my attention here. Keith

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

astrozam wrote:I won't be doing any Super Moderating over at A.S, It simply isn't the answer and I've told WILL that. My days at A.S are pretty much over, I've wished WILL well with his problems, but I plan on focusing my attention here. Keith
Yep. Hopefully 50 SuperMods with (No Pay) will Maybe able to Zapp-Out all the crap that flies in each day...... during their full-time work-load.....
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

Incredible. How frustrating this must have been for the AS.com mods (all non-paid volunteers) to have their offers of help be repeatedly ignored by Will. His latest reply is another example of his stubbornness & pig-headedness. The condensed version goes something like this;

No one else out there is capable of administering AS.com, and I'd rather watch it continue its slippery descent into the depths of internet hell than admit that I need help and allow someone, anyone any administrative powers, edven if said powers were to be temporary.

And the aftertaste gets worse and worse.... [-X

SafariRob
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by SafariRob »

I was also very dismayed at Will's post.
I've been around the block long enough to know better than to say this--never say never and all that-- but Keith, as long as the ASbb board exists (whatever its name becomes), I'll be here. The original AS.com has become history for me.
Rob Shaver
1989 Astro 305 with an MSD 6A ignition and a dash-mounted MSD timing control, a 4160 Holley 465 cfm four barrel carb, and an HEI distributor.
Moog 625 front springs and Energy Suspension poly bushings. Rear OEM sway bar. Edelbrock shocks.

brianj
I am smitten with my van

Post by brianj »

I'm pretty disappointed. I have been a member since May of 06, and was thrilled at the community. I just hope that we can all choose one or the other. AS.com is worthless without the people. This site is also worthless without the people.

Will either needs to step up and fix it, or hand it over. I feel for the guy, I really do, but if you can't cook anymore, it does no good to keep cracking open the eggs. Hand over the frying pan already! [-(

I personally will be here, until there is a consensus to step back off this boat and swim back over to AS.com. I don't forsee that in the near future though.
2001 safari awd.
Hidden Hitch, Plate Tranny Cooler, computer tune-up via jet programmer.

located in Fort Wayne, Indiana

I have an uncanny ability to make my wife crazy, and I am not afraid to use it!

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by mdmead »

Today I switched my "homepage" to this board from AS.com. The only way I'm going back is if I find myself all alone on this forum.
Matt
Selah, WA

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

mdmead wrote:Today I switched my "homepage" to this board from AS.com. The only way I'm going back is if I find myself all alone on this forum.
Now that is serious

Thanks for the reminder :)

v8famvan
I sleep in my van

Post by v8famvan »

I too have switched my homepage over to this site. Currently, if I go to the A/S site & then try to go to this site, my computer will not find this site. I have to turn off my computer & then go directly here. I guess my computer is having issues with the site.
Home sweet home.
James from B.C.
1992 Safari - R.I.P.
GM Grand Master Techncian

astrogurl
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by astrogurl »

v8famvan wrote:I too have switched my homepage over to this site. Currently, if I go to the A/S site & then try to go to this site, my computer will not find this site. I have to turn off my computer & then go directly here. I guess my computer is having issues with the site.
Home sweet home.
I wonder what exactly is causing that. You may want to run a spyware/adware detection program check if you haven't already. It would really stink if your computer went down because the main astrosafari board is heading south. ](*,)
03 "Pewter" Astro AWD stock
early 90s Astro currently under the knife

jakepatch
I get chills without my van.

Post by jakepatch »

Well, because of that post from Will, and the bickering between everyone else over there, I have now posted my last post on AS.com. I am really sad to see it go, but enough is enough. I'm just really sad about how bad it has torn members apart, looks to me like some pretty good freindships are going down the tubes right along with the site. It's a sad day.
Hope to be vannin' again someday........

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

mdmead wrote:Today I switched my "homepage" to this board from AS.com. The only way I'm going back is if I find myself all alone on this forum.

What's wrong, Matt? Do you find that I need your help in taunting you? 'Cause I don't, you know...
Fact is, we all switched to this site because of the fact that you, an active member of a site frequented by the rest of us, had enslaved your wifey into doing your fictitious "LS1 swap". We're all deeply embarrassed by this, and had unanimously voted to start another site because of it. Then you showed up here as well....... #-o

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by mdmead »

peter wrote:

What's wrong, Matt? Do you find that I need your help in taunting you? 'Cause I don't, you know...
Fact is, we all switched to this site because of the fact that you, an active member of a site frequented by the rest of us, had enslaved your wifey into doing your fictitious "LS1 swap". We're all deeply embarrassed by this, and had unanimously voted to start another site because of it. Then you showed up here as well....... #-o
Nice try NOOB!

I think we all know I got here before you did! [-(
Matt
Selah, WA