Post by astrozam »

Those trees are packed,surprised they don't tip,LOL

Is that Mt Rainer in the background?

Someone
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: We've Got Snow!

Post by Someone »

lol, we got about 2 - 3 inches over night and the government decides to tell people not to go to work unless they have too... what the heck is wrong with people... this is canada it is not like we can not handle a little snow... I am groing a little tired of this fear based media propaganda... if you can not go to work with a couple inches of snow move somewhere else :-({|=
'98 Mercedes E300 Turbo Diesel
'89 4Runner SAS'ed, 38.5SX's, Mercedes OM617 Turbo Diesel
'98 Suburban K2500, Cummins 24Valve, 5spd 4x4
'03 VW Jetta TDI
'78 Vette 350 4spd

www.vehiclefleetsolutions.ca

Cobra
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Cobra »

lol i have to agree my the trip to work was pathetic this morning everyone looked like they were going to wet themselves. This is bloody canada we should be getting a whole lot more snow then this... mind you the amount of snow in those pics is a little much for my likes 8-[
1998 GMC Safari AWD, BFGoodrich AllTerrain T/A
Jet performance tuner 91 octane preset, Jet under-drive pulleys
Rancho 999000 series shock, on-board controller to be installed later
DHC rock rails and skid plate Add-A-Leaf
G3500 front calipers
Zexel Torsen Diff
11" drums
180 amp Alternator
Long tru-cool 4590 trans cooler

1997 gone

potskie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by potskie »

Someone wrote:lol, we got about 2 - 3 inches over night and the government decides to tell people not to go to work unless they have too... what the heck is wrong with people... this is canada it is not like we can not handle a little snow... I am groing a little tired of this fear based media propaganda... if you can not go to work with a couple inches of snow move somewhere else :-({|=
I dunno about you dude but we are upto over a foot now in kitchener and it's white out conditions 50% of the time. I was going to go into work for 4pm but if the gov said that I think that would be a really good reason to take a day off :P

I was a courier for many years so it is nothing more than elaborate excuse for me :P
Image 98 Safari RWD. Stock.
Do you smell what Barack is cookin ?!?!

Someone
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Someone »

nothing else is open near me downtown and it is still snowing so I am going to jump on the bandwagon and play hookie for the rest of the afternoon... might even throw the AWD fuse back in for the trip home, I am sure it will be a long drive with everybody else going home early aswell...time to crank some tunes and sit in some traffic....

I would love to get some snow like in those pics... it has been too long since we have had anything like that...

It is kind of wierd how buffalo gets tons of snow from the "lake effect" yet here on the other side it tends to make it so we have less.
'98 Mercedes E300 Turbo Diesel
'89 4Runner SAS'ed, 38.5SX's, Mercedes OM617 Turbo Diesel
'98 Suburban K2500, Cummins 24Valve, 5spd 4x4
'03 VW Jetta TDI
'78 Vette 350 4spd

www.vehiclefleetsolutions.ca

Topic author
mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by mdmead »

I've been meaning to post these but I was having trouble getting them uploaded to my site. (My ftp program and wireless router have been fighting...)

These pictures were taken on Snoqualmie Pass a few days before the 5'+ of snow they received that shut the pass down for several days.

Here's one with a few people in our group overlooking Lake Keechelus. This picture perfect day was one of about four in a row... There have been few days up there where it hasn't been snowing this season.

If you look closely along the edge of the lake (far side), you can see I-90 following the shoreline. When we arrived at the sno-park that morning, it was -1F. It had warmed up to the mid teens when this pic was taken. (Yes, I know -1F is nothing to you Canucks!)

Here is our group of 15 at a deserted (automated) weather station. This ride was sponsored by the Washington State Snowmobile Association with a goal of taking four 'newbies' snowmobiling. Their names had been selected in a drawing and in order to be considered, they could never have ridden a snowmobile before. We had one middle-aged couple and two middle-aged guys, (one coming out from Indianapolis). We also had a local newspaper reporter come along and write up a story about the trip. Fun ride with PERFECT weather.
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

Wow, those are awesome pix Mr Mead. The waether does look so clear & perfect. That lake is really something. Like a post card. I can't begin imagine seeing something so scenic in real life!
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

WVKayaker
I sleep in my van

Post by WVKayaker »

Beautiful!!!!
Snoqualmie was the 1st place I had ever skied...
Thanks for the cool pics!
1999 AWD Astro purchased January 2007
2" Overland Vans Lift Kit, Add-a-Leaf, Shackles, Torsion Bars Cranked 1"
AGM Deep Cycle Marine Battery w/Isolator
Helwig Rear Anti-Sway Bar
Auburn Gear Pro Series Limited-Slip Differential
BFG AT KO 235/75/15
Cragar Nomad I Wheels

Dearly Departed 1990 RWD Shorty owned since day one.
Sold Feb 2007 with 193k miles.

tbhager94
I sleep in my van

Post by tbhager94 »

nice pics , your right 1F is only-18c its been that for the past 2 weeks it did drop to -50c for 3 days now thats cold , but today we got up to -5c it was nice i even turned the heater off in the shop at work it was to warm when i was welding .
2000 chev blazer 4x4
If its got tits or wheels, its gonna give you problems!
im sure we all know the #1 junk yard rule if it fits in your pocket its free.

9dawgs
I sleep in my van

Post by 9dawgs »

Man, Washigton is a beautiful state. I used to fly into Port Angeles a lot when I lived up in Astoria, Oregon. I miss that scenery! Thanks for the pics!
Jim<><

'99 Astro 4X2, (RIP) 4" Overland Lift, 31X10.50/15 BF Goodrich AT T/A KO,
Rancho RS5000 shocks, Rockford Fosgate RFX9000, Red Top Optima, K&N Filter

'98 Astro 4X2 (SOLD)

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

tbhager94 wrote:nice pics , your right 1F is only-18c its been that for the past 2 weeks it did drop to -50c for 3 days now thats cold , but today we got up to -5c it was nice i even turned the heater off in the shop at work it was to warm when i was welding .

That's one freaking hot welder!?
97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

We have over 8 feet of snow here in SoCal, but luckily its about 70 miles away from me in our local ski resorts up at BigBear mountain....... Sunny and 75 degrees here in LA.
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

Topic author
mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by mdmead »

My wife, daughter and I ventured back to our cabin weekend before last. WE STILL HAVE SNOW! (I measured a depth of 5' 5" in a small meadow where I thought I could get a representative reading.)

The deck I mentioned in the first post didn't survive. Luckily it didn't take out one of the lower windows when it came down. I've been putting off rebuilding it -- guess I don't have any choice now. (My daughter and I like to sleep on it out under the stars during the non-snow months.)

Here's a view of the front of the cabin. Notice there isn't much snow on the roof... it's metal so the snow slid. That front porch sits about 4.5' off of the ground.

This is the driveway leading into the cabin. The top of that gate is pretty close to 5' off the ground. When I hiked in, I just stepped over it!

I took a couple of short snowmobile rides. This spot is about 2 miles from our cabin and one of my favorite places to go. Great views and very peaceful.
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!

tbhager94
I sleep in my van

Post by tbhager94 »

phr1$k37 wrote:
tbhager94 wrote:nice pics , your right 1F is only-18c its been that for the past 2 weeks it did drop to -50c for 3 days now thats cold , but today we got up to -5c it was nice i even turned the heater off in the shop at work it was to warm when i was welding .

That's one freaking hot welder!?
it helps that theres a 50hp steam boiler in there too .
2000 chev blazer 4x4
If its got tits or wheels, its gonna give you problems!
im sure we all know the #1 junk yard rule if it fits in your pocket its free.