4-3-2-1 LIFTOFF! ......... Uh, Houston we have a problem!

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

original_balzer
I get chills without my van.

Re: 4-3-2-1 LIFTOFF! ......... Uh, Houston we have a problem!

Post by original_balzer »

Its good that you keep safty first keeping your limbs and life is always the best choice. Still it should be doable with the correct equipment. But I never undertake such a hazardous job as that without at least someone that can go for help if something does go wrong.

Spindle lift should be a better soulution anyway at least then your ride quality should stay the same. I would say use extra jack stands and you should have ANYONE there, even if he or she cant help you do the work.

Be safe

Rileysowner
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by Rileysowner »

potskie wrote:There is an old warehouse around the corner form me that does that. If a bay is open it's free for you to use. If you want a bay with a hoist it's $10 a day and the owner will also rent tools and such if need be. The place is open 24hrs.
There used to be a place like that in London . . . Earl's Fix it Yourself Garage. They disappeared a while back, but I don't know why as I was not living in London at the time.
"I have a torque wrench and I am not afraid to use it."
Jim
1997 GMC Safari RWD, Power Windows and Locks, 7 passenger, a/c, rear heat

http://rileysowner.blogspot.com/

Topic author
97CargoCrawler
I sleep in my van

Post by 97CargoCrawler »

FYI

=;

I redeemed myself with the 6" spindle lift. This was just a practice run....... :-$

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

Wow ... I am beat from just reading that ... and I thought I had troubles with my lift? At least your experience does not include the a drop :) Lucky for me she dropped when I was wiggling her when I was NOT under her.
Hope you get it all done and well - you will pat yourself and it is totalllllly worth it!
97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"

Topic author
97CargoCrawler
I sleep in my van

Post by 97CargoCrawler »

phr1$k37 wrote:
Lucky for me she dropped when I was wiggling her (not) when I was NOT under her.

:-$
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas! You might want to revise that story before the police come a knockin'!

You know, if the van had fallen on my head I would not be in the situation I'm in now with the spindle lift. No brakes because someone sent me the wrong parts! No brakes, no transpo, no income. #-o

claudconger
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Re: 4-3-2-1 LIFTOFF! ......... Uh, Houston we have a problem

Post by claudconger »

so have you done with this??? or still need some advice????

Topic author
97CargoCrawler
I sleep in my van

Re: 4-3-2-1 LIFTOFF! ......... Uh, Houston we have a problem

Post by 97CargoCrawler »

claudconger wrote:so have you done with this??? or still need some advice????
Looks like I have it somewhat under control. Though if you were going to offer some advice on an elevator to assist getting into the van I'm all ears...
1997 SAFARI 2WD CARGO
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." Nikola Tesla