Jeff@AutoComputerTech.com

Topic author
HPbyStan
I sleep in my van

Re: Jeff@AutoComputerTech.com

Post by HPbyStan »

Computer showed up today. I hope it works better than it looks. Puter is covered in caked on mud. It came with no note or even a recept. Doesn't look very professional BUT, I guess it just needs to work. Time will tell. I finally got all the bearings, seals, shim kit, ring and pinion, etc to rebuild the burned up rear end from the Tx/Cali trip into a 3.73 so it's all coming together.
'04 White AWD Astro cargo
'00 Astro / El Camino
'61 BSA Super Rocket
'71 BSA B50 engine in a '67 C25 250 chassis
Impossible is just a degree of difficulty....

Topic author
HPbyStan
I sleep in my van

Post by HPbyStan »

I'm having a bad week. Monday I had a heart attack, Wednesday they tell me I have Diabetes, Saturday I spend 3.5 hours installing my "new" computer and now the engine barely runs. Ain't life grand !!!!
'00 Astro / El Camino
'61 BSA Super Rocket

GEJ
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by GEJ »

HPbyStan wrote:I'm having a bad week. Monday I had a heart attack, Wednesday they tell me I have Diabetes, Saturday I spend 3.5 hours installing my "new" computer and now the engine barely runs. Ain't life grand !!!!
Stan:

Sorry to hear of the heart attack.I have been there done that.No fun at all.Good thing is your still with us.

Diabetes I can't advise you on that one,but there are members here that can.

Thanks for the warning on the computer.

Hope your work this all out Bud,

Gar
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

Topic author
HPbyStan
I sleep in my van

Post by HPbyStan »

WOW, something is so screwed up in this puter that it caused a dead short that ruined a month old new Delco battery. The thing won't even take a charge, it just keeps kicking out the charger. Put the stock puter back in and jumped the batt from the other 'Stro and the LS1 started right up and runs smoothly. I guess I can't recomend ole Jeffs computer reprograming business... Stan
'00 Astro / El Camino
'61 BSA Super Rocket

GEJ

Post by GEJ »

Stan,
What ever happened to the guy you used before in Fl?????.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
The vendor trailer

Topic author
HPbyStan
I sleep in my van

Post by HPbyStan »

That was "SuperChips" in Longwood. They moved, not sure where.
'00 Astro / El Camino
'61 BSA Super Rocket

ihatemybike

Post by ihatemybike »

This SuperChips?

If it's the same one, they moved 10 miles to Sanford, FL.
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

Topic author
HPbyStan
I sleep in my van

Post by HPbyStan »

Yep, that would be the one, tks.
'00 Astro / El Camino
'61 BSA Super Rocket

mikedamech
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by mikedamech »

HPbyStan wrote:WOW, something is so screwed up in this puter that it caused a dead short that ruined a month old new Delco battery. The thing won't even take a charge, it just keeps kicking out the charger. Put the stock puter back in and jumped the batt from the other 'Stro and the LS1 started right up and runs smoothly. I guess I can't recomend ole Jeffs computer reprograming business... Stan
Hey HP, there might be an exsisting problem with the van that has nothing to do with the ECM. As far as getting the ECM back durty, remember this is a public fourm and just suppose he read all the posts and was hurt about it, reprogramed it to the best of his or her abiblitys and deceided not to wipe off the case, his way of saying don't bash me with out knowing ME. Anyway at least you should be able to send it back for him or her to check it out.
98 Astro with a 95 LT1
94 Astro stock w/Flo master.

Topic author
HPbyStan
I sleep in my van

Post by HPbyStan »

mikedamech wrote:
HPbyStan wrote:WOW, something is so screwed up in this puter that it caused a dead short that ruined a month old new Delco battery. The thing won't even take a charge, it just keeps kicking out the charger. Put the stock puter back in and jumped the batt from the other 'Stro and the LS1 started right up and runs smoothly. I guess I can't recomend ole Jeffs computer reprograming business... Stan
Hey HP, there might be an exsisting problem with the van that has nothing to do with the ECM. As far as getting the ECM back durty, remember this is a public fourm and just suppose he read all the posts and was hurt about it, reprogramed it to the best of his or her abiblitys and deceided not to wipe off the case, his way of saying don't bash me with out knowing ME. Anyway at least you should be able to send it back for him or her to check it out.
Yeah, and I may have just have fallen off the turnip truck yesterday too. :whistle:
'00 Astro / El Camino
'61 BSA Super Rocket

mikedamech
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by mikedamech »

You can't please everybody.
98 Astro with a 95 LT1
94 Astro stock w/Flo master.

GEJ

Post by GEJ »

HPbyStan wrote:
mikedamech wrote:
Yeah, and I may have just have fallen off the turnip truck yesterday too. :whistle:
Yeah Stan,
Thanks for the heads up.Going for one on mine and don't need any other problems.Super chips hun.You said they nailed it the first time.Right??.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
The vendor trailer

Topic author
HPbyStan
I sleep in my van

Post by HPbyStan »

Gary, Super Chips got it really close the first time. Mic Mueller (V8AstroCaptain) from the org A/S forum nailed it. That was my '88 Maroon panel with the L31 crate motor that had a plate bolted to the 4 bbl manifold that mounted a Holley over size TBI. Thing ran really well. There were 3 pics of it about half way down the 2ed page of pics on the A/S forum. That used all the sensors from the V6 and just needed the good V8 chip. A standard V8 chip was super lean with the L31 type setup.
'00 Astro / El Camino
'61 BSA Super Rocket

GEJ

Post by GEJ »

HPbyStan wrote:Gary, Super Chips got it really close the first time. Mic Mueller (V8AstroCaptain) from the org A/S forum nailed it. That was my '88 Maroon panel with the L31 crate motor that had a plate bolted to the 4 bbl manifold that mounted a Holley over size TBI. Thing ran really well. There were 3 pics of it about half way down the 2ed page of pics on the A/S forum. That used all the sensors from the V6 and just needed the good V8 chip. A standard V8 chip was super lean with the L31 type setup.
Stan,
You still got the contact info on Mic??.If so would you PM me it??.Hey Stan-thanks for that.Casey the seller I got my set up from tried to burn his own chip and failed at a EGR delete.Runs but I need to set a base line first before I go on.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
The vendor trailer

Topic author
HPbyStan
I sleep in my van

Post by HPbyStan »

Gary, Mics email doesn't work anymore and I "reverse lookup-ed" his address and someone elses name came up. I'm no help on this, sorry...
'00 Astro / El Camino
'61 BSA Super Rocket