alex Mr roboto

Non technical and off-topic discussion

ihatemybike
I plan to be buried in my van

Re: alex Mr roboto

Post by ihatemybike »

Southern wrote:
dunedog wrote:those who have meet him knows how much he likes to talk.
That he does. Does he have a laptop? Maybe he could find a coffee shop with Wifi to chill at.
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

Jboy2
I sleep in my van

Post by Jboy2 »

I hope it all works out for the best Alex
1991 Chevy Astro Extended- Stock 4.3

GEJ

Post by GEJ »

Well that company better come up for a job for him.They where supposed to pay for the move and those trucks and a trailer isn't cheap,let alone he most likely signed a lease for his place.Are they going to stiff him on those costs now????. )>) )>) Man I wish I could talk to him.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

Southern
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by Southern »

GEJ wrote:Well that company better come up for a job for him.They where supposed to pay for the move and those trucks and a trailer isn't cheap,let alone he most likely signed a lease for his place.Are they going to stiff him on those costs now????. )>) )>) Man I wish I could talk to him.
They initially paid for his move but since he never officially started to work for them it is a grey area if they will stiff him for the moving expense. It sounds like the company has covered their :butthead: since his employment was based on passing the physical. Alex is hoping that they will find another position for him so that he can remain in the place that he signed a lease on.

Meanwhile I gave him my old Maytag dryer motor. He will keep busy playing with that since the motor I gave him used only one side of the shaft but his existing motor used both sides of the shaft, one side for the drum and the other side for the blower. I sounds like the spring popped off his existing motor for the centrifical clutch.
92 Astro Conversion Van 2WD
Vin Z Engine
Eaton Posi

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Sounds like giving him the Physical 1st (thus ensuring he had the job) BEFORE asking him to relocate would have been the proper thing to do.

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Sounds like giving him the Physical 1st (thus ensuring he had the job) BEFORE asking him to relocate would have been the proper thing to do.
That seems like it would be the case but I find most things today are backasswards.

Hope all works out.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

GEJ

Post by GEJ »

He did what they asked so he shouldn't have to suffer because of it.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

dunedog
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dunedog »

Seems the quotes have gotten screwed up on this thread [-X
I never said Alex likes to talk alot [-( :-k although come to think of it Alex does like to talk alot.
1999 LS AWD 3" Lift,4.10's,Snowplow,9500lb Ramsey winch

Fire Cakes
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Fire Cakes »

that is because ihatemybike was quoting only part of Southern and then Southern had directed his post to you so when ihatemybike put the quote in it still had your name in it so it looked like you were the one who said it. Now that is funny stuff right there. :muhaha:
Gearing up for another great camping season :) Camper is re packed and ready to roll.

The 2012 camping season has begun!!!!!!!!
Camping Trip Count for 2011 - 2
Camping Nights Count for 2011 - 4

Mr_Roboto
I sleep in my van

Post by Mr_Roboto »

Well, I'm still around at a buddy's place for the night figure I'd stop in and see how things are going. As for me, well I bombed the interview last Wendsday, and will be working to compensate for this upcoming Wendsday and see how things go. I would very much not like to go back if I can at all avoid it, but it may be in my future. I am already trying to line some stuff up for a contingency as well as getting my work seeking website updated, so we'll see how it goes. I probably have at least 1 more month up here before I am forced to go into a full retreat.

The really really aggrevating thing's that they are giving me the runaround on what condition I exactly have that bars me from the position which is seriously not cool. Apparently by law they are not obligated to tell me anything, however by their corporate regulation they are so I'm going to have to see how this plays out. I have already talked to my recruiter about getting some cooperation from the powers that be on this, and hopefully she can pull through on it. So far she's been as good as can be expected when dealing with dire circumstances such as these, and getting me in for interviews with other positions. Besides this, they appear as if they are going to pay my moving expenses up so I am screwed but not as badly as I could be. Of course I'll believe the money is there when I go to check the bank Monday however.

In regards to the homebrew, friends came to town so I partied a bit too hearty last Saturday, so I've been taking it easy in that regard. The Blueberry wine I made is dry, and dries do not sit well with me usually. Oh well, have not had time or the inclanation to try to make another batch to fix that, but it's in the future somehow.

I would like to thank everyone for their posts, and everyone that has called me so far. It's been comfort to have people around I can call up and talk to.

dunedog
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dunedog »

Hang in there bud....
1999 LS AWD 3" Lift,4.10's,Snowplow,9500lb Ramsey winch