signal help needed - no longer urgent - fixed :)

ANYTHING FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT TO REPLACING A DASH PANEL

v8famvan
I sleep in my van

Post by v8famvan »

Rob, I realize that you are gone for the weekend, but I thought I better post some info for you anyway.
FYI, The turn signal stalk (aka the cruise lever) is nothing more than a rod used to activate the wiper switch (in the column) & the dimmer switch/high-low headlight switch (also in the column). The only way the 'stalk' affects the turn signals is if it gets broken off. So if you want to replace your stalk/lever to fix a problem with your signals, don't do it. You would be barking up the wrong tree.
There are 4 reasons to replace your lever, (1) broken off, (2) the plastic collar around the base of it is broken, causing some wiper issues, (3) the writing is worn off & (4) the cruise control does not work.
James from B.C.
1992 Safari - R.I.P.
GM Grand Master Techncian

Topic author
crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by crash »

James.. thanks!

well the trip went well .. no problems with the van .. other than an exhaust leak which i'll have to check into exact location of.

all turns were signalled successfully! \:D/

as for the stalk. i think i'm going to replace it anyway.. as my cruise won't hold a set speed for more than a minute. just a place to start to resolve that issue.
Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

vans owned: Image
97 Astro AWD (selling by summer .. i think) SOLD
99 Astro LS Sept 08 ASV VOM
94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT
96 Astro LT AWD * parts van*