$4?! No Way. Time To Stick It to OPEC

Non technical and off-topic discussion

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: $4?! No Way. Time To Stick It to OPEC

Post by kings-x59 »

Wow ain't this a hot topic. The price of oil is being pushed up by speculation in the commodities market. If congress really wanted to do something about it they'd stop picking on the oil companies and make it illegal to speculate on oil, or gas for that matter. This is the same scenario as the gas shortage from years ago. OPEC and speculators are screwing us.
As for ethanol, you couldn't grow enough corn in this country to replace the "fossil fuels". Actually I heard recently that so many farmers are switching from wheat to corn, that the U.S. might actually be importing wheat very soon.
Reb? that's funny. I'd love a 2% raise right now, it'd help to offset the 100% increase in gas prices in the past two years.
there's an oil reserve in the gulf of mexico off the coast of Louisiana that they thought was tapped out. recently the output has been increasing. Apparantly, it has been refilling from the bottom up, in a substantial way. Oil does not come from dead dinasours and leafy things. The fact of the matter is that no one actually knows the process that creates "fossil fuels". One last thought for the global warming croud. Remember the eruption of Mount Pinatubo (spelling?). It put more polution into the atmosphere than all of mankind from the beginning of the the industrial revolition until up that point in time.
My 'stro is causing global warming...phooey.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....