Scam ?????

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Re: Scam ?????

Post by Rebel »

Good for you ans your kids. The world would be much better off without.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

potskie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by potskie »

astrozam wrote:Just get rid of your TV's altogether,anything you have to see can be found on the NET,you'll be much happier, signed TV free for 2+ yrs :supz:
I was TV free for over 10 but my darn GF wanted a sat so she could watch her shows on the day they actually air and see them in better quality......... All it did for me was cement my belief in the fact that current TV SUCKS. Aside from house, bones, NCIS and CSI the only thing I watch is pretty much everything on discovery. What a waste of money )>) .

The real kicker is after getting it she changed her shift at work and isn't even home for the crap she wants to watch anyways and I'm stuck with a 2 year contract....... :axe: :axe: ](*,) ](*,)

I will admit tho watching NHL games in HD is quite well AWESOME!
Image 98 Safari RWD. Stock.
Do you smell what Barack is cookin ?!?!

SafariRob
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by SafariRob »

Pretty much same here, Potskie. I didn't have a TV for 18 years--sure didn't miss it. Getting married changed that, though. Betty wanted a TV, so I got one with satellite. Seems like the TV is always on now, even though I rarely watch it. Channels like Discovery and History can certainly have good programming, but the incessant commercials will have me flipping channels fast, even to the point where I forget where the show I was watching was at.
The computer monitor is what takes my time--wandering the net for info and the wild and crazy is what I like to do.
If it weren't for my wife, the TV would be gone.
Rob Shaver
1989 Astro 305 with an MSD 6A ignition and a dash-mounted MSD timing control, a 4160 Holley 465 cfm four barrel carb, and an HEI distributor.
Moog 625 front springs and Energy Suspension poly bushings. Rear OEM sway bar. Edelbrock shocks.

potskie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by potskie »

SafariRob wrote: but the incessant commercials will have me flipping channels fast

Oh dude I love their new thing where the commercials are at like twice the volume of the show now adays so when they start playing they make you jump and then curse and yell.
I'm assuming their research shows that it grabs our attention more or something but my research shows that it just pisses me off.
Image 98 Safari RWD. Stock.
Do you smell what Barack is cookin ?!?!