Project Astrolade

Major projects, rebuilds and overhauls covering multiple areas

GEJ
I plan to be buried in my van

Re: Project Astrolade

Post by GEJ »

Sure doesn't look like a rust free van like that came out of NYS.Where he get that one??.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by crash »

very cool. do you know if the escalade front end is a kit or did he buy all the pieces separately?
Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

vans owned: Image
97 Astro AWD (selling by summer .. i think) SOLD
99 Astro LS Sept 08 ASV VOM
94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT
96 Astro LT AWD * parts van*

Topic author
Mcfly Minis
I get chills without my van.

Post by Mcfly Minis »

crash wrote:very cool. do you know if the escalade front end is a kit or did he buy all the pieces separately?
He bought the pieces separately. I will have to remove sections of the core support, modify the fenders to match the headlights, make mounting brackets for the grill, and headlights. Along with sectioning the bumper in 3 places to correct the width and depth. I will be taking/posting pictures of the whole build for those guys who are interested.
Martin

Topic author
Mcfly Minis

Post by Mcfly Minis »

GEJ wrote:Sure doesn't look like a rust free van like that came out of NYS.Where he get that one??.

It's from Newark, it was his grandmothers and wasn't driven much. It's very clean for all the salt they use around here.
Martin

GEJ

Post by GEJ »

Mcfly Minis wrote:
GEJ wrote:Sure doesn't look like a rust free van like that came out of NYS.Where he get that one??.

It's from Newark, it was his grandmothers and wasn't driven much. It's very clean for all the salt they use around here.
He might not want to show it to grand mom after your done with it.She might it back. :muhaha:
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

nitropyro
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by nitropyro »

looks real good man! nice little setup you have going
Danny
Danny im 21 year old with an 89 astro bbc 9in bagged 20's & 18's

d3athm3talh3ad
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by d3athm3talh3ad »

very nice work!! i didn't think the b-pillar on the passenger side would be strong enough for suicide doors, i guess i was wrong!! i'll definitely be watching all the updates on this one...keep up the good work... :) did the customer say what color they were going to go with when all is done?

Topic author
Mcfly Minis

Post by Mcfly Minis »

Tails lights go in next week.
Martin

Topic author
Mcfly Minis

Post by Mcfly Minis »

got the doors done, still need to run wires for the driver door. Started tacking in the tail light fillers in preparation for the Cadillac light buckets.

It's worth the $130 spent on the grant tail light fillers, simple trimming and they fit perfect.
Martin

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Very nice work,,keep posting those pics.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

I made my own fillers on an English wheel.

Are you gonna mount the Cadditails high or low?

`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

Topic author
Mcfly Minis

Post by Mcfly Minis »

SoCalli V8 wrote:I made my own fillers on an English wheel.

Are you gonna mount the Cadditails high or low?
They are gonna be mounted lower than those. I plan on putting the caddi tails inbetween the upper and lower body lines.
Martin

Topic author
Mcfly Minis

Post by Mcfly Minis »

Got the other filler in and got the tail light bucket in. Should have mud on it by the end of the night.

The customer also decided to shave the rear license plate box and door handle. I got the filler tacked into place.
Martin

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

It appears your chrome bezels are as deep as mine but don't understand how you got them that deep without cutting more metal out behind the buckets to allow room for bulb sockets. I used the Astro sockets with a little cutting of the slots on Cad housing,,is that the difference ? I don't remember how large the Cad. sockets were,,guess they could have been smaller which would mean ou didn't have to cut more metal out for depth.
Very nice clean work.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Topic author
Mcfly Minis

Post by Mcfly Minis »

Rebel wrote:It appears your chrome bezels are as deep as mine but don't understand how you got them that deep without cutting more metal out behind the buckets to allow room for bulb sockets. I used the Astro sockets with a little cutting of the slots on Cad housing,,is that the difference ? I don't remember how large the Cad. sockets were,,guess they could have been smaller which would mean ou didn't have to cut more metal out for depth.
Very nice clean work.
I had to cut some metal out behind the buckets. I didn't have enough room at first. I cut some stuff, and used a hammer to make room.
Martin