Astro a mini-van?

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Re: Astro a mini-van?

Post by SoCalli V8 »

Even tho` I have a customised `86 Shortie Cargo with new-style front and rear end bodywork and a V8, I regard my baby as a Macho Van, that can tow a 6K lbs boat up steep grades at 65+ mph.

Show me a `86 "Bodge Gurlyvan" that can do that.... ?
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

kamenz
I get chills without my van.

Post by kamenz »

You guy's be nice to the executive's, the are planing to carpool to the next meeting in DC. :muhaha:
Kamenz

1998 Astro AWD Conversion

Moreforles
I sleep in my van

Post by Moreforles »

carpool in a private jet and/or limo (hummer model of course....)
2000 Astro, passenger van. Converted into a cargo van, used for Carpet cleaning (10 lbs of crap, in a 5 lb bag)

d3athm3talh3ad
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by d3athm3talh3ad »

some of the reasons to stop production on the astro/safari line could well have been safety, like a redesign for side impact bars and side airbag/curtains...ford is toying with discontinuation of the ranger, partly because of mandatory side airbags legislation in 2010, although 1-2 mpg better gas mileage than a f-150 doesn't help either...chevy also had the venture to compete with the caravan and wind/freestar, and they probably felt the mid-size van was a little overkill for families, and not enough van for the contractors making cancellation of the m-van a cheaper alternative than a major design change for safety...they obviously don't consider fleet customers very much since they haven't offered a serious extended full-size van for ambulance conversion in years, dodge and ford have gladly picked up all of that market...