Wobbly pulley syndrome

Topic author
PixMan
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Re: Wobbly pulley syndrome

Post by PixMan »

Well an update if you're interested: We went out and shopped today, visiting perhaps 20-25 different dealerships. We went to the big ones and little ones, looking at everything from compact pickups to SUV's to full-size pickups. He liked the Pontiac Torrent because of it's design; the seats fold down for a fairly flat floor. He also liked the Toyota Tacoma pickups, but anything with less than 100,000 miles was still too much money for him to spend.Great how those things hold their value, unless you're buying one.

We finally went to look at one truck that I had stopped to see as I drove by a Kia (formerly Chevy) dealership that's less than a mile from my home. It's a red 2004 Chevy Silverado 4x4, in "work truck" trim. No carpeting, no power windows, door locks, no cruise, and only AM/FM radio, truly bare bones. I was surprised that it had auto headlights and A/C. It's got the extended cab and the associated shorter bed with a bed liner that has virtually no marks in it. The truck is a one-owner who I found lives around the corner from me because there was a receipt for the remote starter in the glove box. Only 33,443 miles on it, the dealer is asking $11,995.

We took it for a ride down a 55mph road nearby, dd got 'er up to over 75 and it was as smooth as glass. Good tires, and the 4x4 system checked out perfect. Opening the tailgate, there was not one spot of rust anywhere along the bottom, which is the first place to start. I found only one thing wrong with it, the left headlight housing was loose (broken mount.) Mom liked everything except the additional height getting in & out, she managed to slip getting in. An aluminum DeeZee or other running board step should solve that problem for cheap money. I think we might be able to get another $1,000 or $500 out of the price, but looking around that's still pretty damn good at the asking price.

The dealer let my dad take it home overnight, he's really a good guy. He had come out of retirement to save his business after his son blew it all up. The "kid" (over 40) sold off the Chevy dealership and then his dad's Kia dealership in another town. It was nice to deal with him, he's a no BS guy, My dad loves it and just might buy it. It's his 1st pickup truck and the biggest thing he's driven since the the 1-1/2 ton farm truck he grew up with.

Edit: Here's the truck, though the miles shown is wrong. It really is less than 34,000. http://www.kiaofspencer.net/VehicleDetails/1093999974

sfeaver
I sleep in my van

Re: Wobbly pulley syndrome

Post by sfeaver »

Whenever you have those oil-cooler lines out of the fittings (or tranny ones for that matter) always replace the clip, or entire fitting. Or else they pop out a few miles later. I had this happen too but got it turned off right away. It emptys all four quarts real fast. I figured the clips would be fine and didnt bother replacing them until I had to be towed home! I'm gathering the same thing happened here. So always keep this in mind! The dealer stocks the fittings and they arent much money!

Scott