New here

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Re: New here

Post by Rebel »

Welcome to the Site!
now now Reb don't be besmirching your brethren, we can't all be from Alabama...
Guess you're right Steve,,to bad but I was really talking about the information and not any of our members,,,,,,,,,,,other than our blue friend up north. :yawinkle:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Topic author
Munken
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by Munken »

Rebel wrote:Great looking family and the auto art is exactly that, art. If I could do it all over again, I'd have loved to work with you and learn this style. Very very nice work. The chrome on the 57 is airbrushed,,correct ? Last time I was this impressed was in 1971. :muhaha:
Correct, it is airbrushed :supz:

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

You guys who may have missed the airbrushed chrome on the 57 Chevy need to take a look.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Don't know how that got by me. That's some serious skill. Munken's van will be a thing of beauty. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Topic author
Munken

Post by Munken »

Maybe not so related to the Astro/Safari. But for you who like painting. This I painted today
(finished an hour ago). :muhaha:

http://hem.bredband.net/gunmun/Yo.html

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

Munken, you've got mad skillz yo!! #-o I really don't talk like that, but it fit the moment. But you really are talented. Welcome to the site. I remember when my ride was in that shape. I look forward to the transformation. \:D/
90 Safari XT Hi Top
Lead guitarist for The Jericho Effect
Click the link to bang that head! http://www.ilike.com/artist/Trybe13

Topic author
Munken

Post by Munken »

trybe13 wrote:Munken, you've got mad skillz yo!! #-o I really don't talk like that, but it fit the moment. But you really are talented. Welcome to the site. I remember when my ride was in that shape. I look forward to the transformation. \:D/
Thanks
I get jealous of you playing guitar. I have a Behringer iAXE393, but no time. :guitar:

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

No need to be jealous, you have obviously put time in where your passion is. I was blessed to be able to put in 8-12 hours a day when I first started (back in my 20's), so a solid foundation was laid.
We are all pressed for time as we raise our families and go off to work to support them. Sometimes we are blessed enough that our passions pay the bills for us as well. And if your paint & fab skills are any indication; your bills are well paid!! :cheers:
90 Safari XT Hi Top
Lead guitarist for The Jericho Effect
Click the link to bang that head! http://www.ilike.com/artist/Trybe13

Topic author
Munken

Post by Munken »

Just one idea in the Photoshop.

Rebel

Post by Rebel »

That is one great looking paint layout. I want one ! :bounce:

VIDEO

Topic author
Munken

Post by Munken »

Or maybe :muhaha:

Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Well,,you've got the 56 color layout for sure. That chrome line is about the same line I want to seperate the two tone I'm looking at. How bout a candy apple red on top and silver on the bottom or the other way around,,,candy on the bottom and silver on top ?

VIDEO

Topic author
Munken

Post by Munken »

Rebel wrote:Well,,you've got the 56 color layout for sure. That chrome line is about the same line I want to seperate the two tone I'm looking at. How bout a candy apple red on top and silver on the bottom or the other way around,,,candy on the bottom and silver on top ?
Nothing is impossible. :guitar:
My idea was wine red candy and a light beige. This gold become to dark.
Here is the same pic with other colors

Rebel

Post by Rebel »

The early Chevy stainless line is an all new appearence for me on these vans and I'm sure others. All we've seen are the two tones seperated by pinstripes or other coverups for the paint line. This is really a new idea for our vans. Thanks for sharing your ideas,,really like what you've done.

VIDEO

Topic author
Munken

Post by Munken »

Rebel wrote:The early Chevy stainless line is an all new appearence for me on these vans and I'm sure others. All we've seen are the two tones seperated by pinstripes or other coverups for the paint line. This is really a new idea for our vans. Thanks for sharing your ideas,,really like what you've done.
Thank you Rebel.

If you should see a van with chrome mouldings seperating the colors, let me know. Would be fun to know if I'm first with this idea.
:)