Um, OK

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
ihatemybike
I plan to be buried in my van

Re: Um, OK

Post by ihatemybike »

While I don't like the looks of it, I think back to some cars I knew in the past. They would get named or something, then there friends would start sticking stuff to the car. Said owner would be all lax and say, "That's cool or whatever." and then it would snowball from there. I could see this purple van getting named Barney and things take off from there.

My vans still get the random sticker placements thanks to BMX/MTB roadtrips.
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

Mr Bean
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by Mr Bean »

Can you imagine the wind drag? whoa. and forget hand washing and waxing.
~Scott & Heather
2001 Astro AWD LT
All about me, my girl, & our van with loads of pics:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5281

GnarliSafari
I sleep in my van

Post by GnarliSafari »

theres no clear coat to wax on that thing anyways. but i wouldnt want to be behind him on the highway. windshield wipers dont help much with flying dinosaurs!
99 SLT Safari AWD, G80/GT4 rear, Burgundy, 196,000 and counting (strictly AMSOIL) flowmaster 40series muffler no more cat, K&N Kone Filter, roll pan, 255/60/15 rubbers mounted to 15x8.5 inch American Racing Tailgunner wheels, billet grille, CB Radio, Alpine Deck, Shag carpet, the list goes on....
03 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, LB7 Duramax Diesel, 5 speed Allison Tranny, Crew Cab Long Bed, no muffler or cat, 4 inch turbo back and side piped. not too many other mods yet, also addicted to AMSOIL.

rlsllc
I sleep in my van

Post by rlsllc »

mdmead wrote:
astrozam wrote:Unless my eyes decieve me, they are too handi-capped to park in a reg spot...but obviously not too handi-capped to crawl all over their van to stick plastic toys all over the roof.

Sorry, just my pet peeve! :cheers:
Well, today I watched a mid-20s yr old chick pull into a handicap spot and pull out a handicap mirror tag and hang it up. OK, she could have been handicapped at that point... But then I watched her get out of the car and easily walk into Target. My guess is the handicap thing belonged to a mother or grandma and she had no business using it!
I've got the glare of hate on several occasions when I park the placarded company transport van (it's a 04 Venture) in a handicapped spot. I even had one nosey lady chase me into a building to bawl me out about it. I kindly asked her to mind her own business and greeted the 91 year old blind gentleman I has picking up and helped him walk out to the van while she watched.
Don't get me wrong, I'd never use the reserved spot with out due cause, and think people that do should think twice cause they may get what they are asking for.

As far as the van, it's gawdy, but loved, and that's the important part.

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

It's a wanna-be Art Car!! :muhaha: These are oft seen in RI near RISD, school of the artsy-fartsy. Most of the time I'd see chicks driving them too. Never seen an Astro one, though...Somebody has a dino-fettish! And is that Godzilla I see up on the roof??? DMH is right, RUN!! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

GnarliSafari
I sleep in my van

Post by GnarliSafari »

anybody else notice the additional handle on the back of the slider? looks like a kitchen cabinet handle bolted on...wonder what its for?
99 SLT Safari AWD, G80/GT4 rear, Burgundy, 196,000 and counting (strictly AMSOIL) flowmaster 40series muffler no more cat, K&N Kone Filter, roll pan, 255/60/15 rubbers mounted to 15x8.5 inch American Racing Tailgunner wheels, billet grille, CB Radio, Alpine Deck, Shag carpet, the list goes on....
03 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, LB7 Duramax Diesel, 5 speed Allison Tranny, Crew Cab Long Bed, no muffler or cat, 4 inch turbo back and side piped. not too many other mods yet, also addicted to AMSOIL.

Topic author
ihatemybike

Post by ihatemybike »

I would guess the rear latch needs lubed and the door doesn't pop when they first pull the regular handle. I often yank the top/rear of Grumpy's slider to get it to pop out.
Aaron

1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump

rlsllc
I sleep in my van

Post by rlsllc »

:withstupid:

I've had several vans with this problem but never added the handle. I just stick my finger in the slot for the track and pull the back of the door out.

alexalexanders
I get chills without my van.

Post by alexalexanders »

www.peopleofwalmart.com go to it i saw this van on there a while back

Disclaimer some images on peopleofwalmart may/will be graphic. You see what i mean when you go there

astroturf
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by astroturf »

alexalexanders wrote:http://www.peopleofwalmart.com go to it i saw this van on there a while back

Disclaimer some images on peopleofwalmart may/will be graphic. You see what i mean when you go there
Man, That is just like a train wreck. I can't look away. Help, my eyes are bleeding. Jim

Topic author
ihatemybike

Post by ihatemybike »

alexalexanders wrote:http://www.peopleofwalmart.com
What has been seen can not be unseen.
Aaron

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

Image[/quote]

It`s just the most reliable transportation to get the animals to the Ark, two by two....
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc