Stephanie's Project V-8 RS

SWAPPING IN A 305, 350 OR ANY OTHER SMALL BLOCK, POST THEM HERE.

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Stephanie's Project V-8 RS

Post by kings-x59 »

reaper wrote:
kings-x59 wrote:Aw now Steph, you're amongst friends. Don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel...
You shoulda heard her when my 90 CL was towed out of here :axe:
:muhaha: I'm not sure I even want to imagine...
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

Topic author
reaper
I sleep in my van

Post by reaper »

Kidhauler wrote:You were dumb enough to have a van towed while she was home!!! Have I taught you nothing over the years! Do that when she is at work that way its a clean break.

For those of you who don't know Steph she is the kind of vanner that you would feel bad showing up at her house with your van dirty and yes I have stopped on the way to her house and washed my van before showing up.
Oh hang on there shecky,You have taught me lots of things,
Mumbling around & talking to the trees,Don't worry Sanj,Silicone will fix it,
taking hours on end to fix something,Shall I continue? :muhaha: :partyman:

Well at least Steph taught you a valluable lesson,To keep your van clean. :partyman:
I love you Kevin :heart:

I'll get back on topic here,I have more pics of Steph working on it,We moved the van
over to the other side of the house,closer to the shop.We are looking to paint the engine
next weekend,& the port matching should be done early next week.
90 Astro Cargo V-8
90 Artro RS - V-8 Now running!
& a bunch of tractors
"there's nothing like a V-8 Polluting the Environment"

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

I`m following along here, with Steph`s engine build, (so that I can give any positive advice) and also add to the smart-a$$ed commentary on the side from Mr Reaper....
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

Kidhauler
I sleep in my van

Post by Kidhauler »

Steph is using the engine and I believe the trans as well that we put in Canadavans ride a couple of years ago. I believe they are doing the intake and a new set of heads on it. Seems everytime someone wants to sell a astro van it ends up in Reaper and Stephs drive way. I told him that match box cars take up less room but he wouldn't listen. :poke: Last I heard he had a line on a possible 3rd v8 van.
1999 Safari Touring edition.
trailer tow pack with a 3:73 posi
Bucket bench seats, Rear heat, Rear Airconditioning.
teal green
300 000 kms
AirRide air bags in the rear to fix soft stock suspension.
Onboard aircompressor to make it all work nice.

stephanieASTRO
I am smitten with my van

Post by stephanieASTRO »

:muhaha:
1993 Chevy Astro EXT
4.3 V6 Z engine
my baby
(Boss)

1990 Chevy Astro cargo
small block 350
looking to convert to
electric
(Red)

2005 Chevy Astro Cargo
4.3 v6
(Whitey)

1994 Chevy Astro EXT (just bought)
mystery engine
(Moose)

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

either too tired or fingers too greasy to type...your fans await Steph... I'll hold the paparazzi back :swords:
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve

Topic author
reaper
I sleep in my van

Post by reaper »

This is not a steady thread with plenty of excitement :-({|= like the way we would like it.
Work & life gets in the way.The Edelbrock intake is done,& I will be prepping the shop today & using poly to create a mini booth to spray the engine in & We are aiming to paint this
weekend :partyman:
Here's a few more shots of Stephanie gettin' it done & The new Shop Mutt Supervisor
90 Astro Cargo V-8
& a bunch of tractors

Kabey's Van
I sleep in my van

Post by Kabey's Van »

I don't remember you saying you had a dog.....Well; that changes everything. :cheers:

Topic author
reaper
I sleep in my van

Post by reaper »

Kabey's Van wrote:I don't remember you saying you had a dog.
Cause we never did have a mutt
We Just got him 1 month ago,& he's claimed Shop Supervisor Status :muhaha:
90 Astro Cargo V-8
& a bunch of tractors

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

looking good! Looking forward to more pics!

name's Steve

stephanieASTRO
I am smitten with my van

Post by stephanieASTRO »

I'm just aching to get that engine done.... Sanja mentioned to me about putting in new valve seals do to it's blue smoke on first start that it had in the other van that I forgot about. #-o SO.... that sets back the painting... but it's for the health of the engine. We will see what will happen this weekend?! I need to actualy do a tune up (spark plugs, leads, cap/rotor)on my 93 baby boy. I was also thinking since the weather is so good, I was going to paint the dash for the RS. As well as rip the old dash out. My problem is I don't get home from work untill 7-8pm, so theres no time after work to work on the RS. If I got off work earlier then I'd be working on it jurying the weekdays. ](*,) :-k
1993 Chevy Astro EXT
4.3 V6 Z engine
my baby
(Boss)

1990 Chevy Astro cargo
small block 350
looking to convert to
electric
(Red)

2005 Chevy Astro Cargo
4.3 v6
(Whitey)

1994 Chevy Astro EXT (just bought)
mystery engine
(Moose)

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

heard that. I work flex time - go in before daybreak, leave after dark. I feel like nothing happens but commute, work and sleep monday to friday.

name's Steve

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

Good idea to change the leaking valve stem seals right now while the engine is out. Are you gonna replace them with the heads still on the block? if so, gonna need some specialized tools.
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso

1Gary
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by 1Gary »

reaper wrote:This is not a steady thread with plenty of excitement :-({|= like the way we would like it.
Work & life gets in the way.The Edelbrock intake is done,& I will be prepping the shop today & using poly to create a mini booth to spray the engine in & We are aiming to paint this
weekend :partyman:
Here's a few more shots of Stephanie gettin' it done & The new Shop Mutt Supervisor

Now I am not a dog whisper,but I guess that pic of Mikey is him saying ya going to get this van done soon and take me for a ride??. :muhaha:
1979 Malibu drag race only car
1999 Sonoma 4.3 5 speed-Rufus
1989 Astro-Ole Yellar cancelled-still selling off parts
1985 Astro-shop van R.I.P. my friend
1994 Astro LT RWD W4.3 rod knock RIP
1982 Winnebago single rear wheel-Chevy 350 Scraped 1/28/13-broken dreams......

Rochester,NY

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

I`m looking forward to seeing your mini-paint booth Sanja, I gotta convert my whole carport into a spray booth, with lighting, and a fan sucking out fumes, a no dust environment. Got any links to info on the www?