flooring ideas?

FROM HEADLINERS TO CARPETS, CUSTOM DASHES TO MOOD LIGHTING, IT GOES HERE.

Rvamobiledetailing
I get chills without my van.

Re: flooring ideas?

Post by Rvamobiledetailing »

Have any of you guys actually installed the anti-fatigue flooring? Im getting another astro to do my mobile detailing however it's a ls so it has carpet in the back. I know i could just pull the carpet out and get a rubber mat out of cargo astro,but i would like something less involved,the anti fatigue blocks seem like they would fit the bill

Moreforles
I sleep in my van

Post by Moreforles »

Atti wrote:the fake wood floor sounds like I could lay it over the current stock carpet (so I can put the seats back in later if need be), but I was hoping for something easier to remove and to be honest, I'm a little creeped out by the fake wood I put in our kitchen - something about the sound.
Is there a rubber mat type floor that can fit from just behind front seats to the back doors? and maybe I could put insulation between carpet and mat?
there's a rubber type mat that I've seen in the back of full sized vans a pick beds... cut to fit around the wheel wells
2000 Astro, passenger van. Converted into a cargo van, used for Carpet cleaning (10 lbs of crap, in a 5 lb bag)

Moreforles
I sleep in my van

Post by Moreforles »

Atti wrote:Steve, During some insomnia last night I was thinking that the Rhino liner was probably the way to go too...
so, I'll look into how difficult that is, before I get my elbows all greasy ...
if your going with the Rhino liner, try the nearest dealership selling new pickups and see who they recommend or possibly carpet cleaning equipment distributor, to see who they use, as many cleaners are now Rhino lining their vans because of all the wet applications from hoses, portables, chemicals and leaking equipment.
2000 Astro, passenger van. Converted into a cargo van, used for Carpet cleaning (10 lbs of crap, in a 5 lb bag)

Lumpy
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by Lumpy »

Rvamobiledetailing wrote:Have any of you guys actually installed the anti-fatigue flooring? Im getting another astro to do my mobile detailing however it's a ls so it has carpet in the back. I know i could just pull the carpet out and get a rubber mat out of cargo astro,but i would like something less involved,the anti fatigue blocks seem like they would fit the bill
I have. Very simple. Remove the existing carpet OR leave it in place. Add the anti-fatique mats on top of the carpeting, then install a new carpet on top of that. Mine is the latter, the triple sandwich. Nice, thick padded floor. My final top layer of carpet covers the floors then goes up the inside walls.

Haul around my upright bass. It's like a giant padded instrument case.

The neoprene is smelly, right out of the package. Like a lot of rubber stuff. Leave it out in the fresh air for a few days before installing and it will outgass.

Lump

Rvamobiledetailing
I get chills without my van.

Post by Rvamobiledetailing »

did (4) 2x2 squares cover the entire rear floor? I just picked up the squares today from home depot for 15 bucks,but i'm not going to pick up my van until tomorrow,i was just wondering if i needed to purchase like another set for the entire rear floor to be covered

Lumpy
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by Lumpy »

Rvamobiledetailing wrote:did (4) 2x2 squares cover the entire rear floor? I just picked up the squares today from home depot for 15 bucks,but i'm not going to pick up my van until tomorrow,i was just wondering if i needed to purchase like another set for the entire rear floor to be covered
I think I used more than one package (more than 4 squares).
I also used some in the walls, glued to the bottom of my ice chest,
under my tool box, as jack stand pads, et al.

They go on sale the end of this month for 8 bucks per pkg at HF.

One thing I've learned about HF. If it isn't on sale now, it will
be within 30 days.. \:D/

Lump