2010 Gas Gas EC 450

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
T.Low
I plan to be buried in my van

Re: 2010 Gas Gas EC 450

Post by T.Low »

Thanks, Kev. I broke it in according to the manual, then went for an easy ride with friends up Sumas Mt.
Checked EVERYTHING!, made some minor adjustments, changed the oil, moved the handle bars forward even more. Good to go to Orcas Is this weekend.

You don't really want to give it full throttle for a few rides. Luckily, you don't even have to come close to full throttle to loft the front end. :D

Notice the BMW 450 X in the white with blue (I don't remember if it was the X-Challenge or the X-Country)

While Gas Gas may have a smaller cult like following in N.A., the Aussies sure love em. Gas Gas won the Dirt Action 450 Enduro shootout in 2008, 2009 and then they changed the criteria in 2010 and gave the win to KTM and Yamaha, but with this disclaimer, " We’ll tell you now that if this were a straight up bike-on-bike comparison, then the Gas Gas would’ve won. But we’re taking a lot more into account this time around. "

GAS GAS EC450FSR
Where do you turn to if you’re looking for a well balanced, extensively kitted-out 450F that goes like the clappers from the moment it leaves the showroom floor? The Gas Gas EC 450 FSR is answer.

The story of the Gas Gas is one of a machine with a mountain of grunt and a perfectly matched suspension set-up. Even with limited kilometres on the clock, our testbike impressed. It was the closest to a straight-up racebike of the lot, and as such will attract faster riders and those looking for the most bang for the stock buck.

http://www.dirtaction.com.au/_webapp_34 ... o_Shootout

ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.