Grill Guard

FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT, TO REPLACING CRINKLED FENDERS TO SWAPPING A NEWER FRONT END ON, TO SHAVING DOOR HANDLES. TO REPLACING DOOR HANDLES OR INSTALLING CUSTOM TAIL LIGHTS, POST THEM HERE.

97CargoCrawler
I sleep in my van

Re: Grill Guard

Post by 97CargoCrawler »

What a bummer! I bought mine several years ago on Ebay for less than $200 shipped. I don't recall what year it was for. I don't think I was too concerned with the year knowing that none of the brackets would match up to my van. I was only concerned with the width and how well it would match up to my grill. I can try to look up which one I bought. I'll have to look through some very old emails!

Topic author
photo_van
I sleep in my van

Post by photo_van »

Finally got my replacement guard. Spent most of a day and then some fabricating. Not a perfect fit, but at least now I have something to tie to when I need to pull out Land Cruisers!
Finally made up some bumper brakets, integrated the guard connection (three 1/2" bolts)
Finally made up some bumper brakets, integrated the guard connection (three 1/2" bolts)

these are the included brackets. Cut them up to connect to top of bumper
these are the included brackets. Cut them up to connect to top of bumper
Lower attachment (two bolts behind facia
Lower attachment (two bolts behind facia
Attachments
new brackets
new brackets
Upper mount
Upper mount
1998 AWD/4WD
4" lift, 31x10.50's, NP 242j/c hybrid, 4.10 gears, S10 front disconnect, rack & pinion steering, trans cooler, rock sliders, ARB fridge, house battery and 100w solar, swing out rear rack with foldout camp table, bed and passenger swivel chair
dirt bag camping rig
1981 Toyota 4x4 pu
1974 John Deere 710

Topic author
photo_van
I sleep in my van

Post by photo_van »

Maybe I'll make the light guards line up some day. Good for now. I've got my next project sitting in the shed... NP 242!
Attachments
_MG_7870.jpg
_MG_7866.jpg
1998 AWD/4WD
4" lift, 31x10.50's, NP 242j/c hybrid, 4.10 gears, S10 front disconnect, rack & pinion steering, trans cooler, rock sliders, ARB fridge, house battery and 100w solar, swing out rear rack with foldout camp table, bed and passenger swivel chair
dirt bag camping rig
1981 Toyota 4x4 pu
1974 John Deere 710

97CargoCrawler
I sleep in my van

Post by 97CargoCrawler »

photo_van wrote:Not a perfect fit, but at least now I have something to tie to when I need to pull out Land Cruisers!
:-s I'd LOVE to see a photo of that!

Nice brackets.
1997 SAFARI 2WD CARGO
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." Nikola Tesla