I sleep in my van

Re: project ratstro

Post by LaGrasta »

looking forward to updates...
1998 Astro, 246,000 miles

K&N air filter
TruCool trans cooler
2" Overland lift & 15" BFG Terrain, 3.73 gears
JET Performance SCU-2000 (Speed Control Unit)
Gabriel Ultra shocks, rear AirLift bags & sway bar
Draw-Tite Dual Port Hitch System, hitch-mounted bike rack (4), hitch-mounted cargo tray, Thule roof-mounted cargo box

mattconrad
I am smitten with my van

Post by mattconrad »

Havent been on in a while, any progress?

jeff hosford
I am smitten with my van

Post by jeff hosford »

Maybe I missed this somewhere in your post. I see you put the new style front clip om your astro. I have a 1993 gmc safari I want to put a new style front end on it. Did the front end just bolt on or was there some modifications. All info will be appreciated. By the way awesome build. Thanks for all the pics.

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

have wondered about this project many times,,where you be,,,,what's happening ? :-k
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

Anyone got his contact? Cant wait to see this finished!
97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

I would love to see an update on this build.
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

astrosafari
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by astrosafari »

agreeed! ^ :poke:
91 blazer|00 extreme|99 winter beater

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

I've sent Danny an email and hopefully we will hear back from him.

astrozam

Post by astrozam »

Heard back from Danny Today, he says his van is at the paint shop and will hopefully get some colour in the next couple weeks, when it does he'll have some pics and a progress report for us, he says hello to everyone.

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

astrozam wrote:Heard back from Danny Today, he says his van is at the paint shop and will hopefully get some colour in the next couple weeks, when it does he'll have some pics and a progress report for us, he says hello to everyone.
Did he say why there were no more updates?
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso

astrozam

Post by astrozam »

Danny didn't mention anything specific except to say that life's been busy and that there really hadn't been a lot done to the van as of late.

phatmaxx87
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by phatmaxx87 »

Danny's van is currently in the paint shop. Let me just say that body work is the most time and money consuming part of any build. Should be done at the end of this week. It probably wouldn't be much different now than it was a year ago. There will be updates soon. As far as mine goes, I might have some
pics up soon in v8 forum on mine. I removed the subframe again to do some engine stuff. Bigger cam, edl heads, marine intake, custom long tube tuned headers, ect. Ttyl.

-Vance
96' Chevy Astro Cargo. Custom paint. 5.7 Vortec motor stroked out to a 383ci. 17" wheels Dad stripped it.

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

phatmaxx87 wrote:Danny's van is currently in the paint shop. Let me just say that body work is the most time and money consuming part of any build.
-Vance
Believe me I know how that goes, I have been working by myself on her bodywork to flat it down and prep for filler primer for months now. I can`t afford bodyshop hour rates, plus I am a perfectionist, so perfection takes time. I will paint the filler primer and block it down flat again, (because that takes major hours)

I have just finished a smoothe windshield cowl that I have never seen before, and hood struts with extra support bracing so that they don`t bend your hood. I have fitted the old-style steel lower fender panels replacing the plastic to the new-style fenders, and smoothed out all my door jambs, hinges and surrounds. Yeah, I am gonna be competing for trophies.

Chevy Silverado or Colorado "Cats-Eye" headlamps, which will need a custom made hood, and a custom made grill plus a custom made bumper from a Dodge to look the part are all in the future......

But there is No manual that explains how to modify these parts, so it is on an experimental path that I walk...... And Experimentation takes time.

Astro-SS-V8
I get chills without my van.
Location: Chilhowie,Va......I know you've never heard of it...

Post by Astro-SS-V8 »

SoCali............ I've been playing around with the idea off using the newer Tahoe headlights .......just my 2 cents.

However we bow to your undying contribution to the hobby we all adore so much.... :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:
93 Astro cargo .... Newest Aquisition !
95 Safari , on the injured list

draggnastro
I am smitten with my van

Post by draggnastro »

i just read all 17 pages of this build. Whatever happened to it?