Weeki Wachee Kayaking. LOTS of PIX!

A place to discuss all activities related to the Great Outdoors & Camping

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Re: Weeki Wachee Kayaking. LOTS of PIX!

Post by Rebel »

That makes a lot of sense Mr dawgs. Have you gone kayaking in other blue colored spring fed streams? I can't get out much at this point in time. I love the Weeki Wachee thing & hope to do it again soon. But eventually I'd enjoy doing this in other parts of the state.
I know about the black waters too. I've seen that out at Withlacoochie State Park I don't like it. Looks like a bottomless pit. That creeps me out kinda.
This is my daughter at Withlacoochie. She'd be mad if she knew I posted this so, shhhh! She & I drove out there to check the place out. We didn't kayak here, just walked around exploring. The water level is way low. See how pitch black it looks?? You can't tell how deep it is. That's sooo creepy.

"If I only had a brain"
Woops,,didn't pick up the pic when I did the quote but it's the one your daughter is in.

DL,,is this the lagoon the movie "Creature from The Black Lagoon" was filmed ? Before your time of course,,probably filmed in the late 50's black and white.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Topic author
dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

I dunno Mr Rebel, but I did think that something might reach up & pull her down into that water!! It sure is a creepy looking place, ain't it?!?? I :toimonster: :toimonster:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

I know I wouldn't go in there. In fact I had to quit scuba diving after seeing Jaws 1,,never did get over that scene where the shark is taking that girl acorss the surface of the water at night. :rolleyes:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

Topic author
dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

:muhaha: :muhaha: That movie scared the bejeepers outta me too, Mr Rebel!!!
But it never stopped me from swimming. I love salt water way too much...

A few years ago I was swimming down near St Pete but (a little further south) with my daughter (the one in the pic)
We were the ONLY 2 people in the water. The beach was pretty deserted & that was such a novelty to us. We splashed & played there all by ourselves for a good hour.
After we got back home in RI we saw on the news that there's been a SHARK ATTACK on that very stretch of beach!!! It happened just a couple days after we were swimming!
Though it wasn't a fatal attack it scared the CR@P out of us!
Where's that YIPES smiley when you need it?!!
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

Rebel

Post by Rebel »

I lived in Pensacola when the first Jaws came out. Was in the summer,,after the movie was out a couple of weeks you could go to the beach, see people laying out in the sun as far as you could see but only a handfull in the water. A tourist beat a sick dolphin to death with a 2 x 4. Thought it was a shark. Sounds kind of like something our Petey might do. :muhaha:

VIDEO

T.Low

Post by T.Low »

9dawgs wrote:Yes, it's the sky DL. The water reflects light even in the shady areas. The white sand below is what makes it so brilliant. If you get into muddy or water with a lot of tannin (ie; lakes or ponds) in it you won't see it. But anywhere there is clear water (fresh or salty) this is what you get. Look at the photos of the islands in the Caribbean and you'll see the same thing :yawinkle:

Exactly. Even off the coast of vancouver Island, where there is sand like that, you'll have that coloring.
429466588_a78742c25b.jpg
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.