Some old pics I found...

Cobra
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Some old pics I found...

Post by Cobra »

looks like fun... were the kids sliding down the hill while you tried to get it outta there?
1998 GMC Safari AWD, BFGoodrich AllTerrain T/A
Jet performance tuner 91 octane preset, Jet under-drive pulleys
Rancho 999000 series shock, on-board controller to be installed later
DHC rock rails and skid plate Add-A-Leaf
G3500 front calipers
Zexel Torsen Diff
11" drums
180 amp Alternator
Long tru-cool 4590 trans cooler

1997 gone

sandfly
I get chills without my van.

Post by sandfly »

Here's a real classic from the neco at Lake George..Seems a Porkypine fell for Peter's little Fluffy dog and wouldn't let her alone. Peter was getting very jelous of Porky, and wanted fluffy all to his self.. :smurf:

of course fluffy has never been the same since.. :yikes:

sandfly/bob
(http://www.bigmeadowsflyshop.com)
I didn't Escape----They gave me a day pass !
95 astro SOLD
needs work no $$$$.$$
overland vans 4" lift
30 x 9.50 x 15 tires
I want more!!
taking donations for the home for wayward vanners...
1990 ford E-150 original 104,000 + miles

T.Low
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by T.Low »

You guys sure know how to throw a party! :cheers:
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.

WVKayaker
I sleep in my van

Post by WVKayaker »

Way too much fun!
1999 AWD Astro purchased January 2007
2" Overland Vans Lift Kit, Add-a-Leaf, Shackles, Torsion Bars Cranked 1"
AGM Deep Cycle Marine Battery w/Isolator
Helwig Rear Anti-Sway Bar
Auburn Gear Pro Series Limited-Slip Differential
BFG AT KO 235/75/15
Cragar Nomad I Wheels

Dearly Departed 1990 RWD Shorty owned since day one.
Sold Feb 2007 with 193k miles.

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

Hey this is one awesome thread!
Say ... might I ask if the NECO can be slightly closer to use west dudes ... even by 1 hour and MAYBE just MAYBE some of us west dudes can take a good week off work and visit ya all :)
97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"

Fire Cakes
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Fire Cakes »

phr1$k37 wrote:
Say ... might I ask if the NECO can be slightly closer to use west dudes ... even by 1 hour and MAYBE just MAYBE some of us west dudes can take a good week off work and visit ya all :)
We have had it in PA and NONE of you guys even attempted to show up. We have it at a centrally located place to those who attend on a regular basis. If you or any of the other west coasts folks make the attempt and actually come for more than one year then it would be taken into consideration. However with it going on the 7th year we have a core group that always shows and makes a commitment a year in advance, moving it we would lose some of those folks. Now don't get me wrong with what I am saying we welcome everyone with open arms.................just don't ask for it to be closer to anyone unless you have shown up.
Gearing up for another great camping season :) Camper is re packed and ready to roll.

The 2012 camping season has begun!!!!!!!!
Camping Trip Count for 2011 - 2
Camping Nights Count for 2011 - 4

Kabey's Van
I sleep in my van

Post by Kabey's Van »

Hey Firecakes,
I understand the commitment ASV and yourself has to keep such a fun event happening, as things like NECO don't come together over night.
As you mentioned it has been 7 years with some faithful attendence. The faithful attendance you refered to is due to geography more than emotions.
I believe the issue that frisky has with attending is the same as mine. It's an 8000 mile round trip.
With a week at the campsite and the drive there and back, one would need to take almost 3 weeks off to attend. Not to mention the cost of such a trip would be in the thousands.
Not everyone has the luxury of being able to do that.
I am still concidering coming out there this summer as it looks like just too much fun. So, if anyone from the west coast is thinking of attending, maybe we could travel out there together as getting there is half the fun. This would offer moral and mechanical support during the trip and we would have a lot of fun on the way there and back.
Just need to be a little more understanding of how far away we actually are.
Honey attracts the bees, not vinegar.
Respectfully,
Peter

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

Oops! Hi Firecakes! Sorry - sometimes I hate "typing" words as people cannot see the emotion / facial expressions of the words. I meant it in the warmest way and to extend a heartfelt "NECO is an AWESOME camp gathering!!!" Please do not take it the wrong way. Besides when I do have the time to take off for the camp (which should be for a wedding and honeymoon first lol) I do not want to meet the wraith of your axe ... oh how I have seen the photo heh he.

97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!

Topic author
LiftedAWDAstro
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

Frisket...that wasn't Lynne with the axe! She doesn't show off in front of the folks at NECO. Lynne runs the chainsaw at home where the work is being done. :yawinkle:
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

LiftedAWDAstro wrote:Frisket...that wasn't Lynne with the axe! She doesn't show off in front of the folks at NECO. Lynne runs the chainsaw at home where the work is being done. :yawinkle:

Well the chainsaw should be quicker and cleaner right? >.<
Okay thanks for the heads up heh he.
Back to cleaning the house for Christmas house party :p

Kabey's Van
I sleep in my van

Post by Kabey's Van »

Chainsaw would be quicker that the ol' shin tenderizer, but the mess, oh the mess!!!

lockdoc
I sleep in my van

Post by lockdoc »

You found the chainsaw to be too messy also? Good. I thought I was doing something wrong.
Current:
01 AWD - Stock
98 AWD - Stock
Past:
93 4WD - 305 V8 - 5" lift - 31" tires
98 4WD DHC - 10" lift - 33" tires - Onboard air and Hydraulics - Snowplow
92 RWD - 350 V8 - lowered - 97 front clip
92 RWD - 350 V8 - converted to AWD - V6
91 AWD - 350 V8 - conversion van
94 RWD - 350 V8 - sons van
92 RWD - stock - sons van
93 RWD Shorty - project
89 RWD Shorty - parts van

Fire Cakes
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Fire Cakes »

Kabey's Van wrote:Hey Firecakes,
I understand the commitment ASV and yourself has to keep such a fun event happening, as things like NECO don't come together over night.
As you mentioned it has been 7 years with some faithful attendence. The faithful attendance you refered to is due to geography more than emotions.
I believe the issue that frisky has with attending is the same as mine. It's an 8000 mile round trip.
With a week at the campsite and the drive there and back, one would need to take almost 3 weeks off to attend. Not to mention the cost of such a trip would be in the thousands.
Not everyone has the luxury of being able to do that.
I am still concidering coming out there this summer as it looks like just too much fun. So, if anyone from the west coast is thinking of attending, maybe we could travel out there together as getting there is half the fun. This would offer moral and mechanical support during the trip and we would have a lot of fun on the way there and back.
Just need to be a little more understanding of how far away we actually are.
Honey attracts the bees, not vinegar.
Respectfully,
Peter
Peter,

As I state earlier we don't exclude people. It is just before it is moved closer to anyone then they need to make a commitment first. I am not by any means dishing out vinegar. Sorry if it came across that way. As far as the location attracting people yes that is part of it but it also is emotions in this case. I know that folks out west have had day get togethers and folks even in the mid west have tried to set up something but just won't set a date so nothing has ever happened. Just like you can't take a ton of time off from work to get to the get together here, many of the ones that make NECO won't be able to take that much time off if we move it closer to you. Sorry it is a lose lose situation.

Being relatively new to the site you missed all the beginning stages of NECO and where we opened it up to the general forum and everyone wanted it in their home town. I am still harboring the frustrations from that, and I didn't mean to take it out an anyone. I didn't realize how harsh my post sounded until I just re read it. I guess that is why the saying goes you need to walk a mile in the others shoes before you can judge them. To help clear up what I was saying ,the first year we held it in PA since there was lots of interest in the PA folks attending. Guess who attended for that time? It was two families from NY and one day visitor from PA. Now that we have held it for several years we get folks from PA, NY Ohio and Canada. So far we have had campgrounds from PA to NY. Hope this clears up some of the confusion. :goodman:

We certainly hope that anyone who feels like they can make the trip will be able to join us even if it is just once to meet everyone. It sure would be great to meet more folks on the site.
Gearing up for another great camping season :) Camper is re packed and ready to roll.

The 2012 camping season has begun!!!!!!!!
Camping Trip Count for 2011 - 2
Camping Nights Count for 2011 - 4

sandfly
I get chills without my van.

Post by sandfly »

North East Camp Out does the words mean anything...one in kansas would be Mid West camp Out...In the west it would be West Camp Out. South East Camp Out, etc..a national one would be AS National Camp Out, Canadiens Welcome... :axe: :muhaha: :D
sandfly/bob
(http://www.bigmeadowsflyshop.com)
I didn't Escape----They gave me a day pass !
95 astro SOLD
needs work no $$$$.$$
overland vans 4" lift
30 x 9.50 x 15 tires
I want more!!
taking donations for the home for wayward vanners...
1990 ford E-150 original 104,000 + miles

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

phr1$k37 wrote:
I am a Way West dude, and I joined our ASV brothers and sisters and had the most Awesome time with Everybody....!

It doesn`t matter if you can`t bring your van.... > because it`s all about meeting your fellow ASV peeps, that you chat to everyday here.....
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc