I have gotten sick

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
GEJ
I plan to be buried in my van

Re: I have gotten sick

Post by GEJ »

The nutritionist I am seeing and I are working on the diet.I carry a ref carb book in my breast pocket of my jacket that covers just about everything you can think to eat and use it all the time.Good news short term is tests last night where 185 and this morning 164,which is down from the 425's I was seeing before with a target of 100.I have been on the diabetes asso web site and have done a number of searches on Yahoo and Dog Pile for information.I do think I putting depth into my efforts.

Now for the smoking aspect.True enough for other reasons I should stop.It doesn't really have much to do with the diabetics.More related to the heart issues.But I don't think it means I am not serious about getting the diabetics under control and the efforts I am putting into that.I have said that I pretty much have done what ever I wanted my whole life.For me to be working and thinking about a diet alone is a major step.For me to continue to smoke is not a thoughtless act or a addiction.I have considered very deeply what I wanted to do and the way I lead my life.So justifiable both of you can tell me that is something I shouldn't be doing,but it is in part of who I am.Well at least for now.You get old and you think everything you know is going to be taken away from you that you enjoy in life.I think as long as you do give it serious thought how much of that you are willing to give up,you are giving it a honest try to get better.Surely with this extended family here I am being honest about what I am doing and what is going on.

Thanks guys and gals for you time and consideration.

Stubborn old Fa.t, :rolleyes: :muhaha:

Gary

P.S.:If I do show up for NECO 09,well much to my regret kind of looks like I'll have to pass on the monkey balls and fire cakes.Sorry Lynne.Damm. #-o Still looks like the melons are the foods I will bring,just wouldn't be able to have much of any of it.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

These are addict comments Gary,,just wanted you to know in case you didn't already.

It doesn't really have much to do with the diabetics.

But I don't think it means I am not serious about getting the diabetics under control

For me to be working and thinking about a diet alone is a major step

For me to continue to smoke is not a thoughtless act or a addiction.

but it is in part of who I am
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

You have a regular doctor now ,have him put you on Chantix to quit smoking . its got a few side effects , especially if you have any mental problems at all . but it does work !!!! & the side effects i had were minimal . it changes your mood a little but nothing drastic . you just don't want a cigarette anymore , the habbit smokes like when you get up or after a meal you have to break that habbit yourself but its fairley easy (just find something else to do at that time that becomes routine.

you can do this Gary !!!!!!! stop making excuses like i did & give them up .
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Topic author
GEJ

Post by GEJ »

Guys-don't want to sound like addict,I did quit cold turkey for a yr and a haft.If I wanted to do it again,I would and could.All I am saying is it has very little to do with diabetics or nothing to do with it at all.That diabetics is my main focus right now and the diet it involves and the exercise I get at work at Lowes lowering the numbers from testing.This morning it was 163.Not too bad considering I need to be at around 100.But the battle I am fighting is to not end up on insulin shots which that will be a life long treatment once I start that.And that would be much more costly long after I stop working and the insurance is long gone on a fixed income.So what I am doing is salvaging life as I want it to be on many many fronts.Hell-I am still a kid in my mind wanting to play with a hot rod van and do whatever I want.It's kind of the reasons for all these yrs of hard draining work,isn't??.Not to have things you enjoy(smoking too) ripped out of your hands and be told well that is one more thing you can't do.In fact I well intend to go afew more rounds at the strip at 140 mph before this life ends.

I do appreciate all your concerns about me.We both know the truth about what you are suggesting.But me-I am defiant to the end.It's apart of who I am.Threw out my whole life people have told me things I couldn't do and not only did I do them,I made it work.

Long and short-I am touched my your concerns and from the bottom of my heart I Thank You very much.

Gar
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
The vendor trailer

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

GEJ wrote: I do appreciate all your concerns about me.We both know the truth about what you are suggesting.But me-I am defiant to the end.It's apart of who I am.Threw out my whole life people have told me things I couldn't do and not only did I do them,I made it work.
Gar
Your old enough to make dumb decisions Gary, please don't complain about being sick anymore.

Topic author
GEJ

Post by GEJ »

astrozam wrote:
GEJ wrote: I do appreciate all your concerns about me.We both know the truth about what you are suggesting.But me-I am defiant to the end.It's apart of who I am.Threw out my whole life people have told me things I couldn't do and not only did I do them,I made it work.
Gar
Your old enough to make dumb decisions Gary, please don't complain about being sick anymore.

Brrrrrrrrrr-LOL,that's pretty cold.Haaaa,I still love ya Zammey. :heart:
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
The vendor trailer

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

We love ya too, Gary. That's why we're all up your ass about those ciggys. [-X [-X [-X
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Topic author
GEJ

Post by GEJ »

Good news.Test tonight is 124.Woo-Woo.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
The vendor trailer