Rack & PInion Install

ANYTHING TO DO WITH STEERING, FROM STOCK TO RACK AND PINION UPGRADES

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Rack & PInion Install

Post by peter »

I wish to take this time to thank Rebel, Smilie and Stan for the WONDERFUL pictures which accompany your informative posts. Keep it up! :axe: :axe: :butthead:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Ya know Stan,,the guy may be right and I apologize. I think I may have given you the part number for the poly swaybar bushings and not the tierod ends. Very sorry. I'll get that tonight and post. Maybe Skip will see this and post before then. Don't have a shoot out at noon with the parts guy yet.

Peter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :butthead:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

HPbyStan
I sleep in my van

Post by HPbyStan »

Last edited by HPbyStan on Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'04 White AWD Astro cargo
'00 Astro / El Camino
'61 BSA Super Rocket
'71 BSA B50 engine in a '67 C25 250 chassis
Impossible is just a degree of difficulty....

Topic author
Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Peter, I can shoot you a pic of the Mustang rack still in the wrapping it came in but that's about it so far. :muhaha:

Shoot him a pic Stan,,it'll keep him occupied for the time being. It doesn't take much to keep Petey entertained. :whistle:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

One would think they were talking about a freakin' Orangutan, ferchrissakes! ](*,)
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

One would think they were talking about a freakin' Orangutan, ferchrissakes!
:-k :-k

Stan,,sorry, guess I trashed the boxes the ends came in but did find an email from Skip saying they are 2000 Voyager ends. Sorry for leading you down the wrong road there when I said they were 2004's and gave the wrong part number.
Last edited by Rebel on Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VIDEO

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

MrRoboto,,sorry so long in getting back with you on the weight of the parts I pulled but have had to much going on for the last couple of weeks. Anyway, it was a total of 60 lbs removed and after I get all the shaft parts back from Skip I'll give ya a total weight of what's going back on.

VIDEO

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Larry, I had a little time last week to do some fabbing on the steering shafts. One more thing to do and they'll be on their way to you. With the mounting brackets and support bar. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Skip,,you are the man bud. You are really something. At least you did something to help out with my slow moving projects. All Peter does is bitch bitch bitch. :muhaha:
Thanks again Skip. Your Cad. tails will be shipped tomorrow USPS and please let me pay at least for the shipping on the steering stuff,,no joke. Oh yes,,there's a spherical fitting in there also,,you gotta give me a number $$$$ bud.

VIDEO

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Yes, the spherical end is in there. Now, Larry,Larry Larry, the Cad tails are more than enough. I can't thank you enough, Bro. If we send Petey a "BINKY" it will keep his mouth busy. \:D/

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Yes, the spherical end is in there. Now, Larry,Larry Larry, the Cad tails are more than enough. I can't thank you enough, Bro. If we send Petey a "BINKY" it will keep his mouth busy.

:muhaha: I bet he's already got a couple of those hanging around his neck now,,what ya wanta bet ?? :muhaha:

VIDEO

HPbyStan
I sleep in my van

Post by HPbyStan »

Last edited by HPbyStan on Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'04 White AWD Astro cargo
'00 Astro / El Camino
'61 BSA Super Rocket
'71 BSA B50 engine in a '67 C25 250 chassis
Impossible is just a degree of difficulty....

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Gonna be soon Stan. Skips putting together some stuff down in Orlando for me,,he says soon it'll be on its way to the 96. =D>

VIDEO

Astrophysics
I sleep in my van

Post by Astrophysics »

Is there any way to make the front tires turn farther on an Astro AWD 2003 to make the turning circle a bit tighter?
the Astro turn circle is kinda big at 44 ft?

or did GM limit the wheel turn amount to make the van less likely to turn over of something?

thanks

Astrophysics

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

The turning radius is probably limited by the angle of the CV jounts on the front axles. And then the usual things like interference with body and suspension parts.