Add-a-Leaf Helper Springs... Questions!

FROM FIBERGLASS MONOLEAFS TO AIR BAGS, STOCK HEIGHT TO BODY SLAMMED, EVERYTHING EXCEPT LIFTS GO HERE.

97CargoCrawler
I sleep in my van

Re: Add-a-Leaf Helper Springs... Questions!

Post by 97CargoCrawler »

I was just re-reading this post because I am installing my 4" HD leafs this weekend and I have 4 deg. shims to install also. I could use a clear answer here.

I am using shackles. If I am correct, the shackles tilt the rear of the axle down and the front upward. So the angle between the pinion input shaft and the drive shaft should actually decrease (become more parallel). So if I were to correct this, in order to make the pinion input shaft again parallel to the transfer case yoke, I would have the fat end of the shim facing the front of the van. This forces the front of the spring perch down and hence the front of the entire axle. Is this right?

I already installed one shim this way so I hope so. When I was doing it it seemed logical, but now after having done an internet search there seems to be a lot of bad info on this and seems to depend entirely on what type of axle setup and propeller joints you have.

Help! :usa:
1997 SAFARI 2WD CARGO
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." Nikola Tesla