Weekend

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Re: Weekend

Post by Rebel »

to late now Dennis and do appreciate the shortcut but can tell ya,,it ain't gonna happen again. Well, guess Susan will probably want to change the color by Winter so I better keep this in mind. When's it gonna be over ?>?
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

GEJ

Post by GEJ »

Rebel,
The guys I see working at Lowes in the paint dept use a computer to mix the paint.Next time,go there and tell them what you are trying to do and they could advise you how to go about it.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

Topic author
Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Hope everyone has a great weekend,,to Mike, a good middleweek.
Me, I'm still painting and painting and painting. Start laying the flooring next week and week after tile on the counter tops. My van is getting very upset.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

ihatemybike

Post by ihatemybike »

Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

Someone
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Someone »

It's good old May 24 long weekend up here in canada (some old broads birthday) so it is time to party!
I took the plow off of my plow truck as I bent the frame pretty bad during the final storm of the year... going to take it up to my buddys farm and beat the living crap out of it since my truck is in to many pieces once again to take. It has been raining alot so it should be pretty muddy... going to make a snorkel for it before I leave tonight.... hopefully we can lay it to rest... but it is a toyota so you never know

have fun at the ballet Elwood :rock: :cheers:
'98 Mercedes E300 Turbo Diesel
'89 4Runner SAS'ed, 38.5SX's, Mercedes OM617 Turbo Diesel
'98 Suburban K2500, Cummins 24Valve, 5spd 4x4
'03 VW Jetta TDI
'78 Vette 350 4spd

www.vehiclefleetsolutions.ca

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

hopefully we can lay it to rest... but it is a toyota
Since it's a Toy. don't be surprised if there isn't a second coming. Those things never give up.

VIDEO

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

You guys have a good un,,me, I'm still painting. :rolleyes:

VIDEO

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

Gawd, you're such a good guy Larry. Have fun with that. :rolleyes:
I'm the one always stuck with those jobs.
I'm emptying out our ugly squalor-parlor bedroom this weekend. Lot of stuff in an iddy-bitty space.
Then, I'll be painting it next week too.
But before I paint... I have to scrape off that HORRIBLE popcorn ceiling. Yuck, I really hate these popcorn ceilings!!!
But I'll be happy to have a fresh, clean, decent looking bedroom. :)
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

DL,,how did the popcorn scrapping go. Bad job trying to clean all that up afterwards. Hope whoever finished the sheetrock did a good job feathering all the joints. I've found after removing some 1970 flowered wallpaper that I was going to have to rework all the joints with new mud before doing any painting. ](*,)
Hope your job went better than mine.

VIDEO

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

I haven't even started the ceiling yet. But I've done another one. Yes, I had to patch up the other one as well. We put up crown molding too. It all turned out nice.

That's why they spray these ceilings with that crap. To hide bad taping jobs.
PIA I know, but I'd rather tape & mud the whole ceiling any day than lie in bed staring up at that popcorn eyesore for another minute.

We're having a dinner guest tonight so I'm busy with that. Start on the room again tomorrow.
How's your painting going Larry?
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

potskie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by potskie »

dumb lady wrote:I haven't even started the ceiling yet. But I've done another one. Yes, I had to patch up the other one as well. We put up crown molding too. It all turned out nice.

PIA I know, but I'd rather tape & mud the whole ceiling any day than lie in bed staring up at that popcorn eyesore for another minute.

We're having a dinner guest tonight so I'm busy with that. Start on the room again tomorrow.
Other way around the bad tape job is there because they know it's going to be sprayed so they just half ass it.
I feel your pain tho. After dry walling the ceilings in my old place which was over 100 yrs old I discovered that because nothing was square I pretty much had to put a layer of mud on the whole ceiling to get it to look right smooth so I wouldn't have to spray it. Man my fingers hurt after all that knife work.
Image 98 Safari RWD. Stock.
Do you smell what Barack is cookin ?!?!

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

dumb lady wrote:
I haven't even started the ceiling yet. But I've done another one. Yes, I had to patch up the other one as well. We put up crown molding too. It all turned out nice.

Other way around the bad tape job is there because they know it's going to be sprayed so they just half ass it.
I feel your pain tho. After dry walling the ceilings in my old place which was over 100 yrs old I discovered that because nothing was square I pretty much had to put a layer of mud on the whole ceiling to get it to look right smooth so I wouldn't have to spray it. Man my fingers hurt after all that knife work.

Bad tape jobs can hide under the popcorn and wallpaper for sure. Been the hundred year old house deal before and man, that is way to much for me to handle. Like you said, nothing square anywhere. Drove me nuts

Took a brake from painting yesterday and hung two ceiling fans, installed new facet set in one bath and hung cabinet doors in both bathrooms. Glad I don't have to do this for a living. The guy we hired to redo the kitchen, take down wallpaper, paint and install new hinges and pulls hasn't showed up for two days so we had to go by the boarding house to see what was up. Susan paid him in full before starting the job so think she nay have learned a lesson in how this all works. Told the guy he owed me 45 bucks because I installed kitchen fan today.
Says he'll be there bright and early in the morning. Of course bright and early to this guy is around 10 am. ](*,)
We'll see if he shows. I told him today that I came to see him because Susan was about to call the law, which is true. Of course we have alot of his tools laying around the house so guess it may be an even trade if he never shows.

VIDEO

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

Yep Potskie you're absolutely right. All that stuff is is a contractor's cheap way out. :axe:

Mr Larry Rebel, sad but true. Never pay folks 100% in advance, I hope that guy came back & earned his pay by now.

Change of plans for our bedroom. We are now talking about insulating the ceiling with Styrofoam sheathing then putting up an Armstrong plank ceiling over it. I can live with that. Saves me from removing the popcorn mess & re-mudding the ceiling. This house was built in 1985 but it's cheap poor insulation.
Also reconsidering the wall-color choices now. Oy vay.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

He's back but only after I went by the boarding house and told him it appeared he had stolen 500 bucks from us for not finishing the job and I was there instead of Susan because she was about to call the law in on the deal. Think Susan learned a lesson on this one.

VIDEO

CaptSquid

Post by CaptSquid »

Sic him, Larry. KILL!
Mike, Billings, MT, 'MERICA!
92 Safari SLE w/Z Motor (sold to a good home)
98 AWD Stro LS
93 Suburban Silverado 4x4

Look for the MISSING Alien in the Right Seat. AL, PHONE HOME!!!

ImageImage