project Fat Huh Body Mods

ANYTHING FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT TO REPLACING A DASH PANEL

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Re: project Fat Huh Body Mods

Post by Rebel »

Not a problem Joe. You don't need my help, man, you're wide open and looks great from the 96.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Topic author
sunset77
I get chills without my van.

Post by sunset77 »

Rebel there are a ton of people that think I'm crazy for doing all this work to an Astro. I just tell them I dare to be different the crowds a hang around with are Mini Truck guys. I tell them everyone out there can build Toyota but only a chosen few fix up Astro's.

Bob

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

I visited the Sunset meet in the Best Buy parking lot months ago, looks like it is now a "Mini Mee" Scion meet.... ehew!
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Scion meet.... ehew!
=; Now that's a meet I don't feel like I missed a thing by not being there. :vom:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

Topic author
sunset77

Post by sunset77 »

The Scion Craze is here and with gas where it is I don't think it is going to change. I have not been to that cruise night for a few months now Van has been in the High Desert since Feb.

Moreforles
I sleep in my van

Post by Moreforles »

anyone ever tried mounting the side window of astro/safari on roof..... pop up instead of pop out..?
2000 Astro, passenger van. Converted into a cargo van, used for Carpet cleaning (10 lbs of crap, in a 5 lb bag)

Moreforles
I sleep in my van

Post by Moreforles »

anyone ever tried mounting the side window of astro/safari on roof..... pop up instead of pop out..?
2000 Astro, passenger van. Converted into a cargo van, used for Carpet cleaning (10 lbs of crap, in a 5 lb bag)

Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Huuumm,,could work,never thought about it. Little brain storminig going on it looks like.

VIDEO

Moreforles
I sleep in my van

Post by Moreforles »

:rolleyes: i great for thinking up things, I just suck at the implementation part of things............

Topic author
sunset77

Post by sunset77 »

Hey everyone have not been in for awhile getting the Van back in a few days still working on the apillers and doing a piece to bring the dash and the door panals together. Also shaved the antena and the wipers built a one piece metal cowl. When I go back over to the shop I will take some more pics. I'm just about finished trying to decide if I want to do a color change or not. I will bring it home and start taking the undercarriage apart and start powdercoating the 4-link.

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

Awesome project. :supz:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Really looking forward to more pics of your project. Great work.

VIDEO

Topic author
sunset77

Post by sunset77 »

I have been working real slow I want this time to be the last time i cut into the body and be done with it. I was trying to get it ready for a show that was suppose to be today out here in cali but it got cancelled about a month ago so I stopped working on it. I have another project that I'm working on at the same time.It should be done in about six months working on a 72 Datsun pick-up complete chassis and motor change.

s10-den
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by s10-den »

Smooth looking van.
94 Astro cargo EXT----Bought specifically to mod!!Will be tbi 350 v8 and new front end conversion
Done so many v8 s10's their old news

nitropyro
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by nitropyro »

man i love this van. some very nice work i cant believe the door panels.(i appreciate metal working skills) when you fabbed them up how did you attach them to the door?
Danny
Danny im 21 year old with an 89 astro bbc 9in bagged 20's & 18's