What did you do to/with your van today?

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
ihatemybike
I plan to be buried in my van

Re: What did you do to/with your van today?

Post by ihatemybike »

Grumpy: Donuts in a snowy parking lot. :)
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

d3athm3talh3ad
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by d3athm3talh3ad »

yesterday-fought with rusty rear bumper bolts and ended up cutting the outer bumper brackets off...ground the lower shackle bolt off, then took the leaf spring to work and pressed the remnants out of the bushing...installed rear shackle bolt, axle brackets of flip kit...then found out i need longer bolts for the front shackle plates (bought my kit used and didn't pay close enough attention to the lengths of the bolts)

today-ran around town looking for the bolts, fastenal was closed, no other place has them, so i'm currently watching the rain bounce off the van until monday...

sfeaver
I sleep in my van

Post by sfeaver »

Those connectors are a pain in the ass to get apart, I've been there already. But are you sure those are the ones you want? I thought you were having solenoid problems.. That stuff is connected on the other side of the transmission, under the heat shield for the cat. Take out those two bolts and you'll see it. That one comes out real easy!

Scott

tbhager94
I sleep in my van

Post by tbhager94 »

did some e-brake drifitng with the windstar (my e-brake is right beside the drivers seat like a car)
2000 chev blazer 4x4
If its got tits or wheels, its gonna give you problems!
im sure we all know the #1 junk yard rule if it fits in your pocket its free.

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

today-ran around town looking for the bolts, fastenal was closed, no other place has them, so i'm currently watching the rain bounce off the van until monday...
](*,)

Gwendolyn,,,hate days like that, so little time and no parts. You must be like me, in smalltown USA. 30 mile drive to Wal-Mart.

Did ya get the pan installed ? Did mine today,,don't want to do another one anytime soon.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

d3athm3talh3ad

Post by d3athm3talh3ad »

larry-yes..it's a 35 minute drive to any store/restaurant that's not a mom & pop joint, so getting things done around here is not easy if you don't plan ahead...i just got the bumper off yesterday, and in hopes of getting the flip kit installed and the van back on all fours, i haven't touched the roll pan yet...i did purchase a new welding mask today, since the 2 i had have grown legs and disappeared :-k it's rained since 11am here and welding in the rain is not something i recommend to anyone, it's a little shocking!! but tomorrow is supposed to be dry and since i can't finish the flip kit without bolts, i plan to weld in the patch piece i made for the hole in the driver's floorboard, if all goes well there, i may start attacking the roll pan after that...i saw your thread on your pan and it sure looks good!!! i'll let you know how mine turns out when i get to it...

Topic author
ihatemybike

Post by ihatemybike »

sfeaver wrote:Those connectors are a pain in the ass to get apart, I've been there already. But are you sure those are the ones you want?
Urm, uh, yeah. I don't know what I'm doing, those are just the connections I saw.
Aaron

1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

d3athm3talh3ad Post subject: Re: What did you do to/with your van today?Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:09 pm

I get chills without my van.

Location: Kentucky larry-yes..it's a 35 minute drive to any store/restaurant that's not a mom & pop joint, so getting things done around here is not easy if you don't plan ahead...i just got the bumper off yesterday, and in hopes of getting the flip kit installed and the van back on all fours, i haven't touched the roll pan yet...i did purchase a new welding mask today, since the 2 i had have grown legs and disappeared it's rained since 11am here and welding in the rain is not something i recommend to anyone, it's a little shocking!! but tomorrow is supposed to be dry and since i can't finish the flip kit without bolts, i plan to weld in the patch piece i made for the hole in the driver's floorboard, if all goes well there, i may start attacking the roll pan after that...i saw your thread on your pan and it sure looks good!!! i'll let you know how mine turns out when i get to it...

'89 astro shorty cargo
djm spindles, eibach springs, djm flipkit

Yep,,living at the 96,,ya sure got to plan ahead which it seems I have trouble doing. :muhaha: Look forward to the pan install pics.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by crash »

yesterday, again... started it up .. moved it back 10'.. cleared snow... pulled it forward 10'

it's not a bad thing though, being that i'm driving the 87 olds this winter it's saving the van from the killer salt on the roads which i'm real happy about \:D/
Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

vans owned: Image
97 Astro AWD (selling by summer .. i think) SOLD
99 Astro LS Sept 08 ASV VOM
94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT
96 Astro LT AWD * parts van*

Topic author
ihatemybike

Post by ihatemybike »

Grumpy: Verified that it's not shifting into overdrive, again.
Aaron

d3athm3talh3ad

Post by d3athm3talh3ad »

ordered some bolts from fastenal, and dream of lowness :tonqe:

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

d3athm3talh3ad wrote:ordered some bolts from fastenal, and dream of lowness :tonqe:

Is Fastenal a Canadian company or ... North American? They are here as well (BC Canada).
97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"

Kabey's Van
I sleep in my van

Post by Kabey's Van »

I don't know where there head office is, but they distribute fasteners worldwide.

Topic author
ihatemybike

Post by ihatemybike »

Green: Dropped the pan.
Aaron

crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by crash »

phr1$k37 wrote:
d3athm3talh3ad wrote:ordered some bolts from fastenal, and dream of lowness :tonqe:

Is Fastenal a Canadian company or ... North American? They are here as well (BC Canada).
Fastenal was founded in 1967 in Winona, MN ... they own and operate over 2,160 stores with locations in all 50 states, Canada, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Europe, and China
Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

vans owned: Image
97 Astro AWD (selling by summer .. i think) SOLD
99 Astro LS Sept 08 ASV VOM
94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT
96 Astro LT AWD * parts van*