What did you do to/with your van today?

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

Grover
I am smitten with my van

Re: What did you do to/with your van today?

Post by Grover »

I took the seats outta my van yesterday too, drove it around the city cuz it was too nice to be cooped inside.

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

crash wrote:about 20 cars beyond, lets off and rolls back into the slow lane just to cruise respectively. almost just to flex his muscles and say, just checkin'

hahah I had a good laugh at the story - thanks for sharing!
Shuttled 5 boys to a nearby park to grill up meat, play tennis, jump in freeze cold water, hit the remote start to have her warmed up ... show back up at church to dropped off the kidz and see parents shake their heads at our stupidity ... get back home to clean her out from wet smell lake water hehe.
97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Drove it to the launch field, unloaded the balloon and went flying. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

rlsllc
I sleep in my van

Post by rlsllc »

I've just been driving the 94, and loving it. I looked at my 89 out of the window, then at the 89 K1500 donor, then at the 91 that is donating it's subframe, and then repeated a few times. I thought about changing the intake gaskets in the 99, but thinking was as far as I got.

unrreal
I get chills without my van.

Post by unrreal »

just took a trip of the junkyard today and bought a lot of goodies i got leaf springs out of a 95 s10 blazer that happened to have the overload springs.. :bounce: and the ones out of a 2000 astro and also a new heavy duty trailer hitch since whast i got right now is a cheap reese universal hitch that happens to be a 3 piece put together.
i got a set from an astro so that i wouldn't have to take my van apart to make my own leaf springs (i hate having the van disabled) i spent all day grinding the rust off and giving them a new paint job to prevent further rust. i used 3 leafs from the blazer (second from top, third and the overload spring) and two from the astro (eyebolt main leaf, and third from top) i got 5 leaves total and a lot of arch now \:D/ i will be posting pics later so that you can see the difference between the stock and the 5 leaf setup.
99 astro awd ls package, 3" bodylift, alarm system w/remote start, tinted windows, tranny cooler, modded air intake, bigger power steering cooler, hood struts, westin pushbar, hypertech tuned running on 91 octane, Hypertech 160* thermostat, 1 ton calipers and pads (not much of a difference as i expected)30" tall tires 245-65-17 on jeep wheels
here is a link to my pics: http://s795.photobucket.com/home/unrreal/allalbums

unrreal
I get chills without my van.

Post by unrreal »

took my van out for a test drive today after installing the new leaf springs i put together boy i gotta tell you the ride doesn't suffer anymore is not wobbly or too soft, i even went over a couple potholes on purpose just to see how it will react and all i had to say was WOW. it rides awesome!!! .... now all i need to do is get an alignment :D, check out the pics of the springs under lifted in my albums.
99 astro awd ls package, 3" bodylift, alarm system w/remote start, tinted windows, tranny cooler, modded air intake, bigger power steering cooler, hood struts, westin pushbar, hypertech tuned running on 91 octane, Hypertech 160* thermostat, 1 ton calipers and pads (not much of a difference as i expected)30" tall tires 245-65-17 on jeep wheels
here is a link to my pics: http://s795.photobucket.com/home/unrreal/allalbums

1Gary
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by 1Gary »

Put on a donut spare on the left rear of the 94 LT.Checked the fluids on the LT. Getting ready to go back on the road.Took a closer look at the rust damage on Ole Yellar.Can't wait to get started on it.Body work first.
1979 Malibu drag race only car
1999 Sonoma 4.3 5 speed-Rufus
1989 Astro-Ole Yellar cancelled-still selling off parts
1985 Astro-shop van R.I.P. my friend
1994 Astro LT RWD W4.3 rod knock RIP
1982 Winnebago single rear wheel-Chevy 350 Scraped 1/28/13-broken dreams......

Rochester,NY

Kabey's Van
I sleep in my van

Post by Kabey's Van »

You go Gary. :bounce:

tbhager94
I sleep in my van

Post by tbhager94 »

changed the oil.

on my windstar.
2000 chev blazer 4x4
If its got tits or wheels, its gonna give you problems!
im sure we all know the #1 junk yard rule if it fits in your pocket its free.

thefrog747
I am smitten with my van

Post by thefrog747 »

Taking it out for dinner for our 2 month anniversary ( with the wife , not the van !! ) because it has a tilt wheel and lots of room.

Topic author
ihatemybike
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by ihatemybike »

Grumpy: Last Saturday and today, attempt to start it after leaving it in my friends garage for a week. Battery is good, fuel pressure is good. Will occasionally rumble for a sec, but won't catch.
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

Fitted my hood struts.

`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

Topic author
ihatemybike

Post by ihatemybike »

Grumpy: Checked the vacuum lines and sensors that are known to prevent starting. Nothing still no go. Guess I'm finally going to have to buy a spark checker.
Aaron

1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump

crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by crash »

i've been reallllllllllllllllllllly putting off spending a dime on the 93 over the winter. the salt really took a toll on the passenger side rocker this winter. pending where my kid chooses to go to university, there will be a few changes. if he goes down town toronto to ryerson or york i'm getting an older little pickup and selling the 93. if he goes to western (in london) i'm selling the 93 and and getting a newer (01 - 03) little cavalier or neon. the money saved for one year of residence alone in going to western pays for the new car for him. it's a deal we made. he's been accepted to 2 courses at western (which is his 3rd choice) already and we should know about the others by the 26th of march.

what did i do with it: weather was nice yesterday so i had both windows down. at very slow speed it sounded like my right front wheel was going to fall off but there was no vibration. popped off the caprice center cap and found the dust cover rolling around behind it. gotta love an easy and free fix =D>
Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

vans owned: Image
97 Astro AWD (selling by summer .. i think) SOLD
99 Astro LS Sept 08 ASV VOM
94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT
96 Astro LT AWD * parts van*

Topic author
ihatemybike

Post by ihatemybike »

Grumpy and Green: Swap batteries between the two. Let Green recharge Grumpy's battery since I don't own a charger.
Aaron