project Fat Huh Body Mods

ANYTHING FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT TO REPLACING A DASH PANEL

sunset1977
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Re: project Fat Huh Body Mods

Post by sunset1977 »

Okay It has been a long time my account would not let me in so I said heck with it. Yesterday I thought wait I will change my account so sunset77 is now sunset1977. Here is where we are at on this fine Fathers Day. Still don't have the smog done on the Van. But it is going threw some changes again. Right now the front clip is off the Van the fire wall has been cut and the fender wells are gone yes we are body dropping the Van.

Replaced the trans cross member instead of it hanging down like they do. The Trans cross member is tucked up within the floor. So when I air it down it's not setting on the trans cross member anymore. Cut about 1 1/2 out of the oil pan so that is tucked up out of the way. Just by fixing those few things and cutting the fender wells and fire wall we are hitting the top of the carb on the firewall next we will cut a section out of the firewall to see how much more that will let us go down. With out cutting that we are 3/4 of an inch from the pinch touching the ground.

We will be removing the pinch so it will be setting on the body looks like to get that extra 1 3/4 we are going to Z the frame. I will take some pictures tomorrow or the next day of the work it's not looking pretty but sure is low.

astroturf
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by astroturf »

PIX pix PiX pIx pix pics

LOLz, Jim

Topic author
sunset77
I get chills without my van.

Post by sunset77 »

Hey Jim,
I was down at the shop and I left my camera sitting on the counter. I will be down there next week. To take some pictures. Plus I got my old account back

astroturf
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by astroturf »

Kewl Beans.

Update when you can.

Jim

badassastro
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by badassastro »

Can you get a couple pictures of cowl with hood open? Cant find the aftermarket ones anymore, may have to make one. Thank you Mike
85 pro street Astro, parted & scrapped
98 pro street Astro, 33x22 rear tires, all aluminum 335 hp LS1 motor
PRO STREET 4 LIFE