Slowly but surely

SWAPPING IN A 305, 350 OR ANY OTHER SMALL BLOCK, POST THEM HERE.

Topic author
astroblastin
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Slowly but surely

Post by astroblastin »

First of all I want to tell everybody Hi. I have a 350 out of a 1991 caprice.This will be a .30 overbore motor.I had been planning on porting the tbi heads. The block will be decked.The crank checked out very good!I will be using the cam that I believe came out the ramjet motor. All I want is torque.It seems like a very slow process but I guess it is better that way than hurrying things up.I don"t know why I picked an astro van to do this but I guess you don"t see this very often.I used to have an 1997 trans am ws6 That was modded fairly good.I guess I want something like "silent but deadly".But also I want to tell everybody that this is a very good site for alot of information.
1989 safari

lockdoc
I sleep in my van

Re: Slowly but surely

Post by lockdoc »

That was the same setup I had. A Caprice roller cam 350 with the Ramjet\383 cam. Lots of torque. Died around 4500 rpm but was great down low.
Current:
01 AWD - Stock
98 AWD - Stock
Past:
93 4WD - 305 V8 - 5" lift - 31" tires
98 4WD DHC - 10" lift - 33" tires - Onboard air and Hydraulics - Snowplow
92 RWD - 350 V8 - lowered - 97 front clip
92 RWD - 350 V8 - converted to AWD - V6
91 AWD - 350 V8 - conversion van
94 RWD - 350 V8 - sons van
92 RWD - stock - sons van
93 RWD Shorty - project
89 RWD Shorty - parts van

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

Yeah, that engine ran well. 'Till he unloaded the lemon on some poor sucker who's on this site.... :butthead:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

Don't listen to peter !!!!!! That set up runs damn nice , i know because i run it !!!!!. Its got a nice smoothe idle & all the power you need when you step on the gas . make sure you build up your tranny to hold that power , a stock tranny won't last long behind it . what we did after the first tranny took a dump was Bill (lockdoc ) got a v8 700R4 from a chevy pickup from the junkyard , he rebuilt it , then after i got it home ( i bought the v8 van from bill ) i took it to a good local tranny shop & had the shift kit put in . now it handles the power of the v8 with no probs , shifts nice & responds very well when you stompon the accelerator with no slipping at all . :D :D
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.