Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
bigmac
I am merely driving my van

Post by bigmac »

hi bigmac here from london . i own a 1993 asrto ext . I am a member of astrosafrie .co.uk and i run a custom van club called city vanners .co.uk , I hope to post some pictures on here soon , thanks bigmac,

RickU
I am smitten with my van

Re: new member

Post by RickU »

Welcome to astrosafarivans.
1997 GMC Safari AWD 4" Lift, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, Eaton G80 locker w/3.73 gears, Moog Steering, Rancho up front, Monroe Air in back, Gm 1 ton 4x4 calipers more to come...To see a pic of my new V8 hold down Alt+F4

ihatemybike
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by ihatemybike »

Welcome
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Welcome to ASV's. Yep,,post some pics. :supz:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

potskie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by potskie »

Welcome!!
Image 98 Safari RWD. Stock.
Do you smell what Barack is cookin ?!?!

WVKayaker
I sleep in my van

Post by WVKayaker »

Welcome...Love pics!
1999 AWD Astro purchased January 2007
2" Overland Vans Lift Kit, Add-a-Leaf, Shackles, Torsion Bars Cranked 1"
AGM Deep Cycle Marine Battery w/Isolator
Helwig Rear Anti-Sway Bar
Auburn Gear Pro Series Limited-Slip Differential
BFG AT KO 235/75/15
Cragar Nomad I Wheels

Dearly Departed 1990 RWD Shorty owned since day one.
Sold Feb 2007 with 193k miles.

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

Ello mate! :supz:
90 Safari XT Hi Top
Lead guitarist for The Jericho Effect
Click the link to bang that head! http://www.ilike.com/artist/Trybe13

Topic author
bigmac

Post by bigmac »

thanks for the warm welcome , i will post some pics soon . This is a great forum glad i found it . thanks bigmac.

9dawgs
I sleep in my van

Post by 9dawgs »

Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy all the good write ups from the boys across the big pond! :supz:
Jim<><

'99 Astro 4X2, (RIP) 4" Overland Lift, 31X10.50/15 BF Goodrich AT T/A KO,
Rancho RS5000 shocks, Rockford Fosgate RFX9000, Red Top Optima, K&N Filter

'98 Astro 4X2 (SOLD)

JOEASTROMATT

Post by JOEASTROMATT »

HI GUYS NEW UK OWNER CHEVY ASTROVAN HIGHTOP

LOVE THE VAN FIRST AMERICAN VEHICLE AND GREAT
chevy astro '98 2WD belltech drop spindles/flipkit ,DVD,4xTV's, KnN, Angel Eyes, LED rear lights , Reverse Cam,Under Body LEDs.LPG

SafariRob
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by SafariRob »

Lets see...SoCalli V8 Darren is our token Londoner here at ASV.com...Bigmac is also from London. Damn, if he's a Cockney it'll soon happen that he and Darren will get to posting in a language that us mere colonists won't be able to understand. But wait, I see that JoeAstroMatt is from Manchester--hey, he'll be able to translate for us what Darren and Bigmac are saying. This will be especially good for Lockdoc Bill as he's from the hills of Pennsylvania and his brand of English consists mostly of clicks, guttural grunts and odd gestures. The day is saved!
Oh, wait a minute, JoeAstroMatt has his own English dialect being from Manchester and everything...don't know that he'll be able to help after all.
Okay, let me think about this a bit.
Okay, okay...Now I've got it--were all doomed!

Just kidding, guys. Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy the place. \:D/
Rob Shaver
1989 Astro 305 with an MSD 6A ignition and a dash-mounted MSD timing control, a 4160 Holley 465 cfm four barrel carb, and an HEI distributor.
Moog 625 front springs and Energy Suspension poly bushings. Rear OEM sway bar. Edelbrock shocks.

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

Welcome!
Waiting for some photos :)
97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"

JOEASTROMATT

Post by JOEASTROMATT »

ill do me best on the old cockney rhymin rob \:D/ best get me krays and Mona Lisa DVD out me plates 'o' meat il be killin me soon :rolleyes:
SafariRob wrote:Lets see...SoCalli V8 Darren is our token Londoner here at ASV.com...Bigmac is also from London. Damn, if he's a Cockney it'll soon happen that he and Darren will get to posting in a language that us mere colonists won't be able to understand. But wait, I see that JoeAstroMatt is from Manchester--hey, he'll be able to translate for us what Darren and Bigmac are saying. This will be especially good for Lockdoc Bill as he's from the hills of Pennsylvania and his brand of English consists mostly of clicks, guttural grunts and odd gestures. The day is saved!
Oh, wait a minute, JoeAstroMatt has his own English dialect being from Manchester and everything...don't know that he'll be able to help after all.
Okay, let me think about this a bit.
Okay, okay...Now I've got it--were all doomed!

Just kidding, guys. Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy the place. \:D/
chevy astro '98 2WD belltech drop spindles/flipkit ,DVD,4xTV's, KnN, Angel Eyes, LED rear lights , Reverse Cam,Under Body LEDs.LPG

91AWDAstro
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by 91AWDAstro »

Welcome aboard! My sister in law is a Brit. We enjoy those poppers every christmas.
---------
I don't understand all I know about that.
----------
Chris
91AWD 350
and a bunch of other wrecks...

SafariRob
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by SafariRob »

JOEASTROMATT wrote:ill do me best on the old cockney rhymin rob \:D/ best get me krays and Mona Lisa DVD out me plates 'o' meat il be killin me soon :rolleyes:
What did I tell guys? See? It's happening already--I can't make sense out of what Clive wrote.
This is just the beginning, I'm tellin' ya!

I also note with interest that Sundanceuk has just come on board, too, sportin' a van that's more Texan than one owned by any Texan I've ever met. Am I the only one who sees that he's in stealth mode? Huh, am I?

Yes, it's a conspiracy, of that I am sure. But who could the ringleader be, the mastermind? Could it possibly be one of our own? No, you say? Don't be so sure!
Well, I can slip into stealth mode, too, and I went to the UK Astro site and did some quiet looking around. I just happened to come across a list of recent board users, which I pasted below. Read on if you are stout of heart, O Astro Safari Van Drivers of the Western Hemisphere and be prepared for a shock!

>Active Users: There are 6 members and 12 guests.
>Most users ever online was 1080 at 4/1/2008 12:03:02.
>Astroshepawd, UKAstroExplorer, sundanceuk, SoCalli V8, astrovanmanuk, astromaddox

Check out that fourth name on the last line. Look familiar? Huh? Does it? You bet it does!
Yes, we've found the ringleader and it's none other than Darren!

So, what to do. I figure all of us should go to their Astro site and register! Hey, this site began as a backup board, didn't it? And now there's nothing to backup. So I say we back back them up! Who's with me?

Heehee, couldn't resist, folks. I'm having fun with this. :D
Rob Shaver
1989 Astro 305 with an MSD 6A ignition and a dash-mounted MSD timing control, a 4160 Holley 465 cfm four barrel carb, and an HEI distributor.
Moog 625 front springs and Energy Suspension poly bushings. Rear OEM sway bar. Edelbrock shocks.