AIR CON

Radiator, thermostat, water pump, antifreeze, etc.

Topic author
JOEASTROMATT
I am merely driving my van

AIR CON

Post by JOEASTROMATT »

Hi guys problem with AIR CON possibly empty but i can only get heater to blow to windows nothing coming from driver /passenger vents also window wont go to cold air is this a default cos aircon empty or should i be lookin at heater pipes etc the heater fan is working as i can hear it and feel at window but nowhere else any help plz

aslo the rear seat fan is cold is this fed from a alternate line ?
chevy astro '98 2WD belltech drop spindles/flipkit ,DVD,4xTV's, KnN, Angel Eyes, LED rear lights , Reverse Cam,Under Body LEDs.LPG

potskie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: AIR CON

Post by potskie »

The no vents just defroster ( windshield) is 90% of the time a cracked or leaking vacuum line. I'm not sure which one it would be on a newer van tho. Also yes the rear air and rear heat are separate lines than the front.
Image 98 Safari RWD. Stock.
Do you smell what Barack is cookin ?!?!

PaKelley

Post by PaKelley »

For the no vents - just defroster look for a very small (about 1/8") black hard plastic hose running across the front of the engine just behind the thermostat housing. You will likely fine it broken. I got a piece of rubber hose ( about 3' long ) and just slide it over the broken ends after I ran it over the air intake tube to keep it away from the engine heat.

The fun part is getting your hands in there to replace it.

I'm not sure what to look for on your no heat to the rear problem but I'm sure there are others here that can help.

Topic author
JOEASTROMATT

Post by JOEASTROMATT »

cheers for input guys n dolls ill have a look into that :partyman:
chevy astro '98 2WD belltech drop spindles/flipkit ,DVD,4xTV's, KnN, Angel Eyes, LED rear lights , Reverse Cam,Under Body LEDs.LPG

HPbyStan
I sleep in my van

Post by HPbyStan »

good advice. Defrost is the default on your system so if you lose vacuum, it goes to defrost so at least you can see where you are going..
'04 White AWD Astro cargo
'00 Astro / El Camino
'61 BSA Super Rocket
'71 BSA B50 engine in a '67 C25 250 chassis
Impossible is just a degree of difficulty....