does anyone manufacture ls1 motor mounts?

ANYTHING TO DO WITH SWAPPING A V8 OR DIESEL INTO THE ASTRO/SAFARI

Topic author
99sleepor
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

does anyone manufacture ls1 motor mounts?

Post by 99sleepor »

I'm new here however I can't seem to locate info I need. I know the one tech article written on the ls1 swap details the diagram of the mounts. I'm just wondering if there is a maker of these mounts. I want a nice clean look especially going the route of a ls1....actually a 6.0vortec but the mounts are in the same location....just an iron block as opposed to aluminum...I appreciate the help anyone can lend because I don't want to fab these up myself..I have enough ahead of me w/o worrying about thoses....I already have the drivetrain in the floor looking at me..Thanks

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: does anyone manufacture ls1 motor mounts?

Post by mdmead »

99sleepor wrote:I'm new here however I can't seem to locate info I need. I know the one tech article written on the ls1 swap details the diagram of the mounts. I'm just wondering if there is a maker of these mounts. I want a nice clean look especially going the route of a ls1....actually a 6.0vortec but the mounts are in the same location....just an iron block as opposed to aluminum...I appreciate the help anyone can lend because I don't want to fab these up myself..I have enough ahead of me w/o worrying about thoses....I already have the drivetrain in the floor looking at me..Thanks
Regarding a 6.0L (or 5.3L) swap, I wonder if a standard set of 5.7L V-8 Astro mounts could be bolted up to a set of 6.0L/5.3L to 5.7L plate mount. Advanced Adapters sells the plate mounts:
https://eshop.advanceadapters.com/comme ... 3088-p.htm
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!