part #?????

Manifolds, flexpipe, catalytic converters, mufflers, hangers, piping, EGR etc.

Topic author
coolen
I finally get the smurf thing

part #?????

Post by coolen »

once again i need a dougnut gasket on the driver side y pipe. i had to replace it last year for safety inspection, now i have to the same thing again. the problem is, depending on who i ask, parts store wise. Some say it doesn't take one, but i know it does cuz i did it last year. can someone provide a part number for those gaskets?

thanks!!
95 safari AWD
94 astro, just itchin' for a V8!!

dunedog
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: part #?????

Post by dunedog »

Call your local Chevy/GMC parts counter at a local dealer. Parts guy should be able to provide you with a #
1999 LS AWD 3" Lift,4.10's,Snowplow,9500lb Ramsey winch

Topic author
coolen

Post by coolen »

ya know what, i never even thought of that =D>

i try to keep the dealer out of my head....lol

Thanks!!!!!
95 safari AWD

SafariRob
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by SafariRob »

coolen wrote:...i try to keep the dealer out of my head....lol
Me too, so ain't that the truth!
Rob Shaver
1989 Astro 305 with an MSD 6A ignition and a dash-mounted MSD timing control, a 4160 Holley 465 cfm four barrel carb, and an HEI distributor.
Moog 625 front springs and Energy Suspension poly bushings. Rear OEM sway bar. Edelbrock shocks.

Topic author
coolen

Post by coolen »

well i got it all figured out anyways. got the part # from the dealer. didn't really help though. i ended up getting one at carquest. the dealer wanted $27 and i picked it up for $15. brought it home, put it in. went for a drive and i could still hear a exhaust leak. so i double checked my bolts, tightned them up a bit more, went for a drive. still heard a leak. dropped the driver side down again, and this is where i learned lesson #1. if you're going to do anything with donut gaskets, wait until they are cooled down some. if not, the will literally disinigrate. so i went to UAP, for a new one. picked it up and brought it home. installed it, and went for a drive. still heard a leak coming from somewhere. turns out, the one on the passenger side was no leaking. this is when i learned lesson #2. if replacing a donut gasket, do yourself a favor and do both at the same time. i just finished installing the passenger side this morning. to allow enough room to drop the passenger side down enough to slide your gasket in and out, you must lower the driver side as well. also, 2 of the bolts on the passenger side are no problem to get with a few extensions. However, there is one that you will need a swivel for your ratchet setup. and i can tell ya, it is NO fun. very time consuming and a pain in the butt. the other side, with one long extension, you can access 2 of them with ease. there is one that you wont be able to use an extension for because there is just not enough room. so you have to just use your deep socket. other than that, it is a piece of cake.

all in all, it wasn't a horrible job. if you have air gear, i would highly recommend using it. and you have to remember to keep smilling ........lol.
95 safari AWD