Attention Gun Nuts

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Attention Gun Nuts

Post by peter »

Any gun collectors out there? Here's a pic of my handgun collection. My rifle collection will be for a later date....after I get my Tommy Gun and Uzi :supz:

I'm curious to see if anyone can accurately guess which gun is which!

"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

skippy
I sleep in my van

Re: Attention Gun Nuts

Post by skippy »

Now thats just down right SCARY !!! they won't let good honest working people like lockdoc across the border but they'll allow you to have an arsenal like that !!!! And thats just your hand guns ???????

peter i don't know if living 4 to 5 hrs away from you is a good thing or a BAD thing !!!!! :muhaha: :muhaha: :muhaha:
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Question for you, are all those HG's bought before the Gov't had the big crackdown after Marc Lépine went on his little rampage? I know talking to a friend who's sister is a cop that it is very difficult to get a handgun permit.
Are they considered collectables,or simply for the range?

I really have no clue but I'll guess the snub nose top row S&W 38 ?
1st gun top row 38 revolver?
I'm guessing the others are 9mm,Glocks?

Can they only shoot 1 at a time or are they semi's?

Do you have to be certified yearly? and belong to a gun club?

GEJ
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by GEJ »

Well it is easy to pick which one is which.They all belong to Petey's collection department for his heating and cooling business. #-o #-o :muhaha: :yawinkle: :muhaha:
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

Why do you have to have soo many guns?...... and you have a rifle collection also?......

>> You must have a small penis......

That shoots Blanks.
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

CaptSquid

Post by CaptSquid »

Al would know which ones were which. )>)
Mike, Billings, MT, 'MERICA!
92 Safari SLE w/Z Motor (sold to a good home)
98 AWD Stro LS
93 Suburban Silverado 4x4

Look for the MISSING Alien in the Right Seat. AL, PHONE HOME!!!

ImageImage

Topic author
peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

He sure would :muhaha:

Revolver: Handgun which has cartridges loaded into a cylinder directly behind the barrel. With a pull of the trigger on a typical revolver, the cylinder rotates as the hammer is cocked back. At the end of this pull, the hammer drops down on the cartridge, firing the bullet out of the barrel. The you do it all again.

Pistol or rifle: Semi-auto handgun or rifle which holds a magazine. The magazine holds a number of cartridges and is inserted into the handle of the gun (or in the case of a rifle, usually in front of the trigger assembly). You pull back on the top of the gun (called a slide) and let it snap forward. A pull of the trigger will drop the hammer on the cartridge, firing the bullet out of the barrel. The energy created by the firing of the cartridge/bullet is used to automatically push the slide back to eject the empty cartridge and then chamber a fresh round. Another pull of the trigger will do it all over again. Holding the trigger will NOT allow you to fire all your cartridges within seconds.

Pistol or rifle: Full-auto handgun or rifle works exactly as above. Only difference is that you have a selector lever which allows you to shoot all the cartridges in the gun with just one pull of a trigger. This is a blast to do at least once in your life. However, the average full-auto will expend 30 rounds within approx. 3 seconds. Totally useless, and not at all like in the movies, where a soldier changes magazines once every 2 minutes, all the while spraying 150 bad guy soldiers :muhaha:

The average policeman, any policeman, American or Canadian, is the last person you should ever ask advice from where any laws other than traffic violations are concerned. And I'm not saying this to be nasty, I think the police get a bad deal from everyone. Joe Citizen, the media....
Thing is, they are policemen, not lawyers. Here's how it stands here in Canada insofar as firearms laws are concerned. Remember, you asked :D ;

Anyone wanting to "possess" a firearm, any firearm which you already owned before the new law (about 6-10 yrs ago??), is required to apply for and receive a Possession Permit. You fill in a form, they check your background, possibly talk to ex's, wives, girlfriends etc...You get the permit and Bob's your uncle.

Anyone wanting to be able to acquire additional non-restricted firearms (hunting rifles/shotguns) needs to get a revision on their permit. This permit will now be a Possession & Acquisition Permit. For this one, however, you need to take an exam on basic gun handling/safety.

Anyone wanting to be able to acquire any additional restricted firearms (certain assault-type rifles, handguns) needs a Possession & Acquisition Permit. For restricted firearms however, you need to take an exam on "restricted gun handling/safety". And no, it don't make any sense....

Anyone wanting to acquire Prohibited firearms (certain assault-type rifles, though in full-auto, full-auto converted to semi-auto and certain semi-auto mode rifles who's bullets apparently kill better or more painfully than others :rolleyes: )is $hit outta luck unless;

They owned aforementioned prohibited firearm before the Nazi's in power at the time decided that those firearms were to be deemed illegal. Among Prohibited firearms includes certain assault-type rifles and again, semi-autos were the main target. As well, any handgun with a barrel length of less than 4" is also considered prohibited. Everyone knows that criminals refuse to carry illegally-obtained handguns with barrel lengths of 4" or more. Just ain't cool..... As well, rifle mags are now allowed to contain only 5 rounds, handguns only 10. It takes me exactly 1.5 seconds to replace a mag in a handgun, I'm sure that if I was on a shooting rampage, anyone hiding under a table or desk wouldn't be watching and counting how many rounds I'd fired before taking a lunge at me. But what do I know...?

This all happened, as was mentioned, thanks to Marc Lepine's attack on the Polytechnique school back in the early 90's. He took the lives of so many innocent victims. The worst part is that he had begged to be admitted into a psych ward a month before the shooting rampage. Due mostly to our increasingly-overburdened health-care system, he was turned away...twice. The media and Wendy Cukier (one of the Polytechnique victims) decided to harp on the easy target, guns. It'd be harder to fight for improving our health-care system and working on improving the general mentality of kids growing up in divorced families, poor neighborhoods etc.. Thank god Marc Lepine didn't use a knife or a baseball bat. I wouldn't be able to cut up my steak while not watching a now-illegal sport. ](*,)

The Canadian government, pushed by the media (who are really the ones who run this country) and by a couple of the survivors of the massacre, passed all these new laws shortly thereafter. Wanna know what the kicker is? Marc Lepine was armed with a rifle and I believe at least one handgun. I believe the handgun was never used by him during the attack on the students. The rifle he used was a Ruger Mini-14. It's a common semi-auto rifle designed around the M-14 rifle. Used mostly for hunting. And while you can dress it up with different stocks and such to make it look mean, you can also do that with almost any other rifle. THIS RIFLE WAS NOT AFFECTED BY THE NEW LAWS. I ask you, are we or are we not being governed by Orangutans?

I believe in gun control to a point. Yes, they should be registered, beside the fact that in most countries where registration became mandatory in the last century, the same registry was used to seize them by a dictatorship-type governments (Nazis, Soviet-Bloc, Philippines, Cuba etc).

Yes, a person wishing to own firearms should need to prove he knows the basics of firearms safety. As much an issue for the owner of the firearm as it is for me and my family. No different than a driver's permit, in my opinion! But for cryin' out loud people, let's address the root causes for the increasing violence in our societies. :supz:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

- Thomas Jefferson

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Thanks Peter,just what I wanted to know :supz:

btw, What are the different guns?? lol

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Why do you have to have soo many guns?...... and you have a rifle collection also?......

>> You must have a small penis......

That shoots Blanks.
:muhaha: :muhaha:

Peter,,,you're welcome to move down south to Alabama anytime. You'd fit right in at the 96 my friend.

What is the pistol middle left and the Olive drab that looks like it has a Ruger slide on it ??
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Topic author
peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

Starting clockwise.

At twelve or one oclock, depending how you look at it; Para Ordnance's high capacity version of the 1911, semi-auto pistol, model LDA (Light double-action) stainless steel in .40 S&W

Two oclock; S&W revolver, model 66 stainless in .357 Mag. Prohibited due to 2.5" barrel

Three oclock; Ruger semi-auto pistol, model Mark II in .22

Four oclock; My baby, Springfield Armoury's semi-auto pistol rendition of the venerable 1911 in .45

Five oclock; S&W revolver, model 36 snub-nose in .38 Special. Prohibited due to 2" barrel

Seven oclock; S&W semi-auto model Military & Police in .40 S&W

Eight oclock; Walther semi-auto P-99QA (sorta double-action) in .40 S&W

Nine oclock; S&W semi-auto, model 469 double/single action in 9mm (nickeled by me afterwards). Prohibited due to 3" barrel

Eleven oclock; S&W revolver, model 33 in .38 S&W (not .38 special but a midget version. Better than a rock or stick, but not by much)

In the center or twelve oclock is yet another Walther semi-auto P-99 in .40 S&W, camo-coloured. This one uses an AS trigger. For all intents and purposes, a double-action single action pistol

Double action means that every pull on the trigger causes the hammer to be slowly cocked back and then released to hit the cartridge and fire the round. Makes precision shooting harder on a stock gun.

Single action means you have to cock the hammer back the first time (on a revolver) or every time (on a semi-auto pistol). Best combo for precision target shooting.

Double action/single action on a semi-auto means that presuming the hammer was down after you chambered the first round, the pistol will fire in double action the first round and single action on each subsequent shot.

There are variations to these actions, but the three mentioned abvove are the basis for firearm actions in anything but a bolt-action rifle or handgun.

PS: In case any overzealous lurkers are getting ready to call Interpol or the Mounties, every single firearm in my home is legally registered and locked up in vaults & safes. Every single one.... As well, I have cameras all around the house, feeding into a hidden cd-type recorder. For thieves, the vaults/safes, recorder and Fuffy will pretty well ensure that no one gets away with any thievin' 'round here.... :yawinkle:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

- Thomas Jefferson

potskie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by potskie »

Nice collection peter.
Nice 1911. That what I'm dieing to get once I get my restricted license. I'm so excited to get one.

Zam with restricted guns the only hitch is A you can only fire em at a range (no hunting) and B cannot transport them anywhere with out a transportation permit and you need to call ahead before you go somewhere with em.
Image 98 Safari RWD. Stock.
Do you smell what Barack is cookin ?!?!

dj_joker_2002
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by dj_joker_2002 »

Nice colection, I have a few guns myself but thats all I can say about that. As a former Special forces soldier you would think I have had my share of gun classes and such, Yet here in Maine USA in order for me to get a hunting permit I would first have to go to a gun/hunter safety course now hows that for a slap in the face?
I mean I even showed the guy at the hunter safety place the documents from the military and he said rules are rules.
(To think I ate snakes for these folks) (laughing)
Oh and by the way- If anyone ever tells you they were or are a green beret-Ask then how they went from being human to being a hat!

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

peter wrote:Starting clockwise........

Blah Blah Blah........ (insert sleeping smiley here) ZZzzzzzzzz......
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

CaptSquid

Post by CaptSquid »

Beware the killer puddle dog. They're more dangerous than any other kind of dog, because they feel inadequate (perhaps like their owner?) and have to prove themselves.
Mike, Billings, MT, 'MERICA!
92 Safari SLE w/Z Motor (sold to a good home)
98 AWD Stro LS
93 Suburban Silverado 4x4

Look for the MISSING Alien in the Right Seat. AL, PHONE HOME!!!

ImageImage

mazade
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Post by mazade »

The post title just screamed "attention ME and/or 'my house'". 30+ functional pieces of firearm weaponry and thats not counting air-guns. Pistols, Rifles & Machine Guns from .22cal up to .50cal. Around here they're scattered all over the house in any number of locations, we're so used to them we dont even think about their presence. A gun is merely another tool.. whether that be a hammer or a shovel... there's a proper and decent way to use it and then there's abusing it and being a heinous fool with it. My dad packs a gun(take your pick of what kind) like most people pack cell-phones.. its wierd when I think about it.. but we're all so used to it that it's rediculously normal to us. Sure that might sound nutso.. but put it into the perspective of myself being in montana and it sorta fits :-k
Eh-heh.. uhh.. not that I could expect anything but crap for this.. but we're looking to sell about 8-10 thousand rounds of .308 ammo should anyone be in the market for it.. was bought by us back in the 90's and is '92 mfg. machinegun ammo, a little too 'hot' for your average rifle to be able to handle. $450/1K(including shipping) OK, maybe this isn't the place.. o.0
'86 Astro 99% finished on the modding