Need suggestions for weatherstripping sources

ANYTHING FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT TO REPLACING A DASH PANEL

Topic author
kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Need suggestions for weatherstripping sources

Post by kings-x59 »

The weatherstripping on my drivers and passenger windows is toast. It's not the channels I'm looking for, it's the interior and exterior wiper gaskets at the bottom of the window. I've checked rockauto.com, steel rubber products and jc whitney with no luck. my drivers side window is starting to show some scratching. first aid is needed soon.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

GEJ
I plan to be buried in my van

Re: Need suggestions for weatherstripping sources

Post by GEJ »

Contact Soff Seal.They are the biggest supplier of weather stripping I know.I'm not sure if they carry ones for Astro's.Use to be you would send them a sample of what you wanted and they would tell you what they had that would work.WWW.soffseal.com
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

madslammer
I get chills without my van.

Post by madslammer »

'97 Astro 2wd, lowered 4" w/Belltech spindles and drop leafs.
'87 Astro 2wd, lifted, pretty close to 4" all around.

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

That's it but think Rob said he got the outer from the dealer for 25.00 each.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

madslammer
I get chills without my van.

Post by madslammer »

Rebel wrote:That's it but think Rob said he got the outer from the dealer for 25.00 each.
Well. I bought 2 (l&R are the same. . .) for $47.50, ship. included to Puerto Rico. . . on Ebay last week.
Good luck on your search, man. . . :muhaha:
'97 Astro 2wd, lowered 4" w/Belltech spindles and drop leafs.
'87 Astro 2wd, lifted, pretty close to 4" all around.

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Maybe I just didn't read that correctly,,thought it was 31 something for one,,maybe that's for a pair. That would be about right then.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Topic author
kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

madslammer that was a great help. I've been searching diligently since my first post, with no luck.
Reb, hard to believe that the stealership price was only $25. 31 bucks puts a knot in my craw but I'm going to have to suck it up and do it, even if that is just for one. I got all new lock and window switches in the garage, new power window motors on the way. It's going to be a door rebuilding weekend coming up soon here. Then I can put the power lock fuse back in. My wife will be happy. The power seat adjustment is on the same circuit. There's a short in the power lock system that makes the locks spazzz. The oddest thing is that the power lock switch and the power window switch on the passenger side door, the two least used, spontaneously disentegrated within a month of each other ( as in just fell apart ). If I can ever get ahead of the crap that keeps falling apart, I might get to do some paint on this pig.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

d3athm3talh3ad
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by d3athm3talh3ad »

hey all, thought i'd resurrect this thread from the dead...i found some interesting things this evening...i had a brand new set of window scrapers (the bottom window strips that rub the window when it goes up and down) inside and out for my s-10 blazer that i never put on and a set of door weatherstrips for an s-10 pickup i no longer own, so i pulled them out and found out they will fit on the astro!!! the scrapers are almost a perfect fit, i'll just need to trim a little less than a 16th of an inch off one end of the felt for the inside (that goes on the door panel) for it to fit, the outside looks like it won't need trimming at all...i didn't install the door weatherstrip, but laid it around the door opening hanging loose, and it looks like it will be a perfect fit as well...i had gotten them from http://www.lmctruck.com, they have a free catalog dedicated solely to s-10 pickups...both the astro and the blazer are 89's and the pickup was an 89 as well...

astronut74
I sleep in my van

Post by astronut74 »

Gwendolyn, you are my hero!
I have been looking for those window scrapers for a while now. I went to the dealer and they looked at me like I was stupid! He had no clue what I was talking about and I even pointed to it on another vehicle! I wondered if the other trucks would fit the astro's, but never had access to an unused truck that I could just "steal" the scrapers from. My scrapers have gotten so bad that they are scratching my windows!
Steve O

94 2WD Astro EXT
179,000 miles and counting
Going from an 8 seater to a 4 seater

d3athm3talh3ad
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by d3athm3talh3ad »

I went to the dealer and they looked at me like I was stupid! He had no clue what I was talking about and I even pointed to it on another vehicle!
it always depends on the experience of the person at the dealership as to how much help you can get...

the windows on my blazer are lightly scratched due to the scrapers, but the jagged hardened rubber on the outside scraper scratch me up anytime i'm in a drive-thru window...the astro is in worse shape and the passenger side is missing the outside piece...i was so amazed that they were the same size, i thought i was dreaming at first...and i'd totally forgotten even having the door weatherstrips...if i were to venture a guess, i would say the window tracks would be the same size and would just need to be cut at the right length, most weatherstrip sources sell it by the foot...