another one bites the dust...

Topic author
Someone
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

another one bites the dust...

Post by Someone »

Fuel pump ate it at lunch time yesterday... luckly I was at home for lunch....

it is not kicking on when I turn the key on... should I just dive into the pump, or is there any chance its a fuse.... I guess I can just check for power at the pump...

what are the chances I can shove a Toyota pump into the GM sender.... I think they are pretty good, and maybe it will actually be quiet too... I guess we will find out as I am not dishing out $400 for a pump.... might aswell by a complete parts van for that price!

wish me luck!
'98 Mercedes E300 Turbo Diesel
'89 4Runner SAS'ed, 38.5SX's, Mercedes OM617 Turbo Diesel
'98 Suburban K2500, Cummins 24Valve, 5spd 4x4
'03 VW Jetta TDI
'78 Vette 350 4spd

www.vehiclefleetsolutions.ca

blacknome
I sleep in my van

Re: another one bites the dust...

Post by blacknome »

good luck, can you limp it into the shop at least 'cause it's pretty ugly out there today .

Topic author
Someone
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Someone »

blacknome wrote:good luck, can you limp it into the shop at least 'cause it's pretty ugly out there today .
It is my lucky day... my 4 car garage seems to be full of half finished projects... but i bought a 10 X 20 tent a couple days ago to paint in... just have to role the truck I painted yesterday out and I have some dry work space :prayer:
'03 VW Jetta TDI
'78 Vette 350 4spd

ihatemybike
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by ihatemybike »

http://www.GetGMParts.com

Delphi pumps $275 after shipping.

There are cheapo $30 rebuild kits on eBay, I ordered one to try in Grumpy. Should receive it and have it installed by the end of next week.
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

Topic author
Someone
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Someone »

This is canada... yes our dollar is equall but everything is still more expensive... If I ordered it online it would be a guaranteed two week wait... then they would charge a brokerage fee aswell for it to cross the imaginary line... I have not actually priced it out but my estimate is propoably pretty close... the toyota pump is free... if that does not work I have a nissan pump.... as long as it is not delco it should last the life of the van...
'03 VW Jetta TDI
'78 Vette 350 4spd

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Why don't you be the first to try an external electric pump. I never did get an answer to why this can't be done and also cheaper.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Before you assume its the pump,take a look at the positive connectioon behind the batt on the firewall,pull off the red cap and make sure the nut that holds the cable onto the stud is tightened down,if it isn't nothing works.

blake_sandman
I am merely driving my van

Post by blake_sandman »

Hey I live in Ontario and it usually only takes a few days to get parts delivered to my door if i order online. As long as it's not from California.
1987 Astro: red with ghost flames, soon to be flat black. 350 V8, Edelbrock 600 carb, Hedman headers, T350 trans, B&M trans cooler, electric fan, electric fuel pump, -6AN braided fuel lines, fuel pressure regulator w/ guage, autometer guages, Optima battery, Lokar braided dipsticks and cables, Painless wires and solenoids. Parts yet to be installed: MSD ignition box, blaster coil, Russell braided brake lines, Moog steering parts, Corvette wheels, phantom grille, clears, Xenon body kit.

ihatemybike

Post by ihatemybike »

I wonder, if the package doesn't come from a business and doesn't have a declared value do you still get hit with brokerage fees? Say like a friend in the US sends you a birfday present?
Aaron

1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

ihatemybike wrote:I wonder, if the package doesn't come from a business and doesn't have a declared value do you still get hit with brokerage fees? Say like a friend in the US sends you a birfday present?
That's how I helped Rob (Crash) get around those fees 2 years ago at Christmas. He told me where to order from, sent me the cash, and I mailed it to him. No fees. :supz:
90 Safari XT Hi Top
Lead guitarist for The Jericho Effect
Click the link to bang that head! http://www.ilike.com/artist/Trybe13

blake_sandman

Post by blake_sandman »

Anyone in a State close to Ontario want to do that for me?
1987 Astro: red with ghost flames, soon to be flat black. 350 V8, Edelbrock 600 carb, Hedman headers, T350 trans, B&M trans cooler, electric fan, electric fuel pump, -6AN braided fuel lines, fuel pressure regulator w/ guage, autometer guages, Optima battery, Lokar braided dipsticks and cables, Painless wires and solenoids. Parts yet to be installed: MSD ignition box, blaster coil, Russell braided brake lines, Moog steering parts, Corvette wheels, phantom grille, clears, Xenon body kit.

ihatemybike

Post by ihatemybike »

I'm near Chicago and would be willing to.
Aaron