Tranny Dip stick tube

ANYTHING RELATED TO MANUAL OR AUTO TRANSMISSIONS GOES HERE.

Topic author
mikedamech
I finally get the smurf thing

Tranny Dip stick tube

Post by mikedamech »

I had a leak from the fittings at the tranny ( I didn't tighten them) I thought the leak was coming from the tube seal, bought a new seal and it still leaked so I cut the tube and installed the one from the 95 Caprice. I was wondering if anyone has installed a stock tube on the Astro with out lowering the frame.
98 Astro with a 95 LT1
94 Astro stock w/Flo master.

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Tranny Dip stick tube

Post by Smiliesafari »

I tried to remove mine because the bracket at the upper most end was broken. No way that tube was coming out without either removing the engine or trans. I ended up welding the bracket with the tube in place.
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

zook94
I get chills without my van.

Post by zook94 »

Push it up from the bottom, you can see where it goes if you open the hood, and you will also have to bolt the tube to the top bellhousing bolt.
http://www.misfitoffroad.com

'93 EXT 2wd 5.0 (for now)

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Zook's right,,come up from the bottom and it'll work it's way out. The problem I had with two of them is trying to bend the upper bracket to fit V-8 intake,,the spot weld holding bracket to tube breaks away from tub leaving a hole which you find wehn adding fluid,,scratching your head wondering where the fluid is coming from that's all over the intake. :-k
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Topic author
mikedamech
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by mikedamech »

Thanks You guys, now I have to find another Astro tube. I was going to try to get it out through the bottom but the tranny temp sender on the cooler line was in the way. The short tube I gots now aims toward the Passenger door and its a reach to get to the dipstick with the cover off, I'll see whats up when the cover is on. Mike
98 Astro with a 95 LT1
94 Astro stock w/Flo master.