MOTHER'S DAY

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

MOTHER'S DAY

Post by Rebel »

Happy Mother's Day to all you Mothers out there.

You guys who are freshly married and have no children yet, I can tell ya the wife will be looking for something from you even though they aren't Moms yet. Get some points and buy a box of candy or a card. These ladies that put up with all this van crap deserve a little something and I'm sure many of them look at us as their children. :muhaha:

For those who have children,,you already KNOW you better be out there picking up something or taking them to dinner. :axe:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

GEJ

Re: MOTHER'S DAY

Post by GEJ »

Hey Rebel,
From me to all the people I know here that are mothers-Happy Mother's Day.

Fire_cakes,D/L,Astrogurl(hoping you are feeling better).

And to those I haven't listed as well.

Gary
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

TheChopFather
Retired
Retired

Post by TheChopFather »

happy mommys day to all you moms out there...
ISN'T HE SO SEXY IN HIS PRETTY WHITE DRESS???LOL

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

Thanks fellas!

Me with my 3 daughters. The oldest one next to me, looks like me & lives in RI. She'll be visiting for 3 weeks this summer. The other 2 look like their Daddy. My girls are my best friends & my life's greatest joy. I'm so proud of each & every one of them.:)

:heart: Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms in your life. :heart: Remember, nobody will ever love you the same way that your Mom does. :heart:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

Fire Cakes
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Fire Cakes »

Happy Mother's Day to all those who are mother's. It sure is a special day. Although I get jipped this year since it is also our Anniversary. Dean said he only has to get one present and that will cover both Holidays. 17 years of putting up with Deano how have I ever survived? :whistle:
Gearing up for another great camping season :) Camper is re packed and ready to roll.

The 2012 camping season has begun!!!!!!!!
Camping Trip Count for 2011 - 2
Camping Nights Count for 2011 - 4

LiftedAWDAstro
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

Happy Mother's Day to all the women here but ESPECIALLY to Lynne! \:D/

Happy anniversary Honey...you know it's been the best 17 years of your life. :muhaha:
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

Topic author
Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Happy anniversary Honey...you know it's been the best 17 years of your life.

one brave man in the group.
:yawinkle:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

Happy mother's day to all you mothers out there! :bounce:
90 Safari XT Hi Top
Lead guitarist for The Jericho Effect
Click the link to bang that head! http://www.ilike.com/artist/Trybe13

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

CONGRATS Mr & Mrs Lifted!! =D> 17 years...That's beautiful. =D>

I hope all the ladies had a nice day yesterday.

Was a wonderful day for me & Mom. She got a dozen roses & a beautiful sugar-free layer cake. I wanted to take her for a walk outside but she refused - again. (One of these days I hope she'll say yes)
My girls washed & waxed my van while I cooked up dinner. I love to cook so it wasn't a chore. My husband spent the day taking care of stuff for me, & yes he called his Mom.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

I wanted to take her for a walk outside but she refused - again. (One of these days I hope she'll say yes)

We have the same issue with Susan's 93 year olds. He won't go outside, would rather stay in and whistle at all the nurses. :muhaha:
You can try what we do at times. Load her up in the wheelchair and go. Bet she'll like it after she's outside, it's just getting there I thinks the problem and they don't want to have to depend on anyone to get them anywhere. Just a thought Christine.

VIDEO

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

Oh Mr Rebel, I've thought about doing that many times. But Mom has a secret weapon. She cries. And I just can't deal with that one. :cry:

I'm glad Susan's folks are adjusting so well. Her dad sounds like a pistol.
When my auntie was in the nursing home in RI I visited her almost every day. There was an old gent of 95 there who'd whistle at all the ladies who passed by. One day he told me in no uncertain terms what he'd like to do to me. Holy COW! I couldn't believe my ears! Never has a 95 year old man cause me to blush before that day!!! :muhaha:
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Nice pic of you and the girls Chrissy,sounds like your Mothers day went alright :cheers:

And a happy Mothers day/Anniversary to you Lin,lol :D